PDA

View Full Version : Fass/Air Dog questions

absext
09-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I have been throwing a code for a while now. P-1011. Fuel delivery pressure too low. Was trying to find out if either one of these systems could help my issue? If so then how? Reading info on these 2 hasn't answered the question I'm asking. Or maybe I'm just not seeing it. Only run the XRT and the MP8. Confused???

Gibson
09-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Depends on why your getting that code and having problems. Can you see the fuel pressure at CP3 while going down the road and putting under a load? You'll be surprised. Stock lift pumps will go from 15psi under normal conditions and drop to almost 0-1psi under hard acceleration. Also make sure your fuel filter is good. If questionable just put a new WIX 33733 filter from NAPA on it. And try again.

absext
09-29-2012, 10:30 AM
No. I only have a pyro gauge. Also been looking at some monitors instead of doing gauges 1 by 1. Alotta freaking $$. I've been thinking I need them 1st to be able to know for sure. Hoping this was a normal issue and there was a known fix. Truck is running good so I guess fuel gauge will be 1st.

LReiff
09-29-2012, 10:49 AM
A monitor will not give you lift pump fuel pressure, only high pressure in the fuel rail. You'll still need a mechanical gauge to monitor lift pump pressure.

absext
09-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Really??? I thought I saw fuel line & rail pressure on both the MM and the CTS. Looked at both to see what I could monitor. Both require tapping the line but did I see that wrong?

LReiff
09-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Then you must buy a sensor separate to have fuel pressure. I was thinking parameters monitored through OBD-II when I made my previous post.

Gibson
09-29-2012, 02:50 PM
I simple 1/8" NPT port tapped into a spare CP3 banjo bolt is what I use to check lift pump pressure. Run a long piece of rubber hose to a 0-20psi gauge under the windshield wiper to check pressure going down the road works grreat. Usually under $30 for everything.