G56 with SBDD 3250 hard shift

absext

I have an 07.5 and after deletes I changed the clutch. The 1st SB I bought the floater plate broke the tits off and went krazy. Peter did replace it for free. Now I have about 10k miles on the new one and now I am noticing that it has and is getting harder to put it in 1st and reverse and if I'm stopped 2nd is hard also, only from a stop though. If I'm rolling and shift to 2nd it seems fine. Even new these gears were stiff but now it is very hard to get into gear and getting worse. Clutch fluid seems to be ok and I have changed fluid in the TC and the trans with no help. Both were overfilled by a qrt this last time also. Just wanting to see if anybody may know what this could be. Thanx in advance fellas.

Is there any chance I have an air pocket in the line??? If so, how would it get there??? Leak??? Hole???

Bent disk(s), worn input bearing or worn input shaft/disks

And get you panties out of a wad. It's barely been 24 hours and your demanding answers. That's doesn't really fly around here

Last edited:
Apologized!!! Input shaft was what I thought also, just tired of throwing $$ at this truck. Thought about upgrading the shaft when I had the new clutch put in but of course I didn't.

I would just put a new pilot bearing, new throw out bearing and take a wire wheel and very LIGHTLY file the input Shaft and the disks, to remove any burs or imperfections. Verify how easily the disks slide on the shaft when the Trans is out of the truck. That's where I would start. Also. Make sure your floater plate can easily slide on its grooves, it may need SLIGHT filing to remove small burrs or pits. Also, verify that the pilot bearing fits snugly on the input nose before installing in fly wheel. You'll be surprised what 1/16" play will cause.

Last edited:
I've done most work on the truck but none on the trans other than fluid. Time is hard to find also considering its my only work truck that can pull my trailer. What would be the time frame on dropping the tranny on a Fri and being done by Sun??? And if I needed parts, might be tuff on a Sat.

Just buy a pilot bearing and throw out bearing ahead of time. And it only takes 2.5 hours to remove and 2.5 to install if you lolly gag around, take a nap, chat it up with friends and drink beer. You shouldn't need any other parts, UNLESS you have a bent disk or two. You'll probably need to get the bearings from SB tho. They are a bit different than factory sizes.

Thanx. I'll give it a shot. I'm already an expert on drinking beer and taking naps so I should cut the time in half.

Hey,one more thing. Like I said, I haven't messed around with any transmissions so is there anything I need to look out for or anything like "make sure you do this" so you don't mess anything up. Thanx in advance.

I usually take the drive shafts off first, drain the fluids, remove sticks/console, drop cross member, seperate t-case, seperate transmission. A real transmission jack makes like easier but a floor jack will work if your strong. Pretty straight forward. Nothing that requires Special tools or equipment, besides the transmission jack.

Thanx. Hate to fub something up. Floor jack yes, trans jack ummm... no. Got plenty of straps though.

Back