PCS Standalone info

not enoughsmoke

floatin in tha gulf
I just recent installed a PCS standalone in my wifes 2004 dodge
Ron and Erine both at suncoast was very helpful. I would to pass on some simple information on to those installing them

*red wire (+) key hot
*black wire (-) ground
*yellow with a black tracer splice in to the throttle postition sensor that voltage varies from (0-5) volts

I am hoping folks can keep adding to the info
how can i make the shift indicator work now?
thanks
Chase

Interesting. How do you like it so far. I am building a auto looking to use this unit.

Plug and play Awesome
Tuneability even better
Need more wiring info though

If my trans ever decided to be swapped out in my fummins.I will ditch the 47RH for a 47RE or 48RE with a PCS

Did you get the indicator to work? I'm thinking it can't work.
How about the shifting tunes?

Kinda surprised there isn't more info, I don't have one but been thinking about it for my 84 crew swap

You lose the indicator lights because the ECM controls those, and you have to have a standard tune in because the ECM doesn't talk to a stand alone programmer, but I never looked at that anyway..
Not sure what you mean about the "shifting tunes", if you mean manually shifting gears, there is a couple ways to do that, if you mean shifting between two programs, that's just a rocker switch

You lose the indicator lights because the ECM controls those, and you have to have a standard tune in because the ECM doesn't talk to a stand alone programmer, but I never looked at that anyway..
Not sure what you mean about the "shifting tunes", if you mean manually shifting gears, there is a couple ways to do that, if you mean shifting between two programs, that's just a rocker switch

I would love to be able to switch programs without having to download them off my laptop, how do you wire in a switch?

Did you get the indicator to work? I'm thinking it can't work.
How about the shifting tunes?

Kinda surprised there isn't more info, I don't have one but been thinking about it for my 84 crew swap
I was told to email Bob wagner for the shift indicator to work. Never did. As for shifting tune never took time to play with it more been to busy working 2 jobs.

You can do both PCS makes a paddle shifter and I was told by Suncoast that you can wire a toggle switch to switch between tunes still no info.

If its an ATS unit you have to find the wire that's a digital input and you program it to switch between calibration A and B with either a ground or 12 volt input. It's pretty easy.

after looking through the manual posted it appears program B is enabled by digital input 8 which is a grey pink wire, looking forward to playing around with this, any one done the true manual mode? would be fun to have paddle shifters and stuff.

If its an ATS unit you have to find the wire that's a digital input and you program it to switch between calibration A and B with either a ground or 12 volt input. It's pretty easy.

Mine is an ats unit, are the wires the same as in the manual posted? I never got any manual with mine that is near as complete as the manual posted.

Mine is an ats unit, are the wires the same as in the manual posted? I never got any manual with mine that is near as complete as the manual posted.

All depends on when your VB was made. If it has been in the last year the manual online is probably accurate. IIRC it's a brown wire that's the so called digital input. On my dads third gen with a 12 valve we have it set to turn off over drive.

Just look in the manual at the digital input wires list and select one, doesn't matter which. Connect that wire to one side of a switch and the other side of the switch to ground. Pull up the digital inputs window on the computer program. Enable which ever input you selected, check the box under "active low," check the box for "toggle" and you're done.

My calibration B is set on digital input 12, but without the manual infront of me I can't remember the color of that wire. If you don't have the manual with the inputs list I can get you the list.

Just look in the manual at the digital input wires list and select one, doesn't matter which. Connect that wire to one side of a switch and the other side of the switch to ground. Pull up the digital inputs window on the computer program. Enable which ever input you selected, check the box under "active low," check the box for "toggle" and you're done.

My calibration B is set on digital input 12, but without the manual infront of me I can't remember the color of that wire. If you don't have the manual with the inputs list I can get you the list.

After looking through my program it appears that I can assign any digital input to do any of the functions they do. so seems like it will be way easy, thanks for the help.

Back