Amsoil bypass setup

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
I have one off of my 1997, a few filters left. Curious of a good spot to put them. On my 97 I put them right behind the snowplow bracket, however it saw very little street use, and I wasn't worried about a filter wiping it out.

Any pictures of the install?

Wish I had a bypass system as well. I'm currently working on making a bracket to mount the remote oil filter kit that I have. Getting to the filter on this truck is a beotch. :(

I do have a bypass kit that a memeber sent me a long time ago but I can't find any bypass filters that will mate to the threads. It is a 3/4 - x or some odd ball. I called around for about a week and gave up. Most the bypass filters I found were 1 inch threads or 7/8.

Here's a pick from an install that was in Diesel Power. They just drilled and tapped the frame for the 3 mounting bolts.

0912dp_10+pml_amsoil_products+eabp100_filter.jpg

A lot of 3rd Gen guys have mounted them on the firewall like this.

6.7L%20By-pass1.jpg

6.7L%20By_pass2.jpg

The newest trend is to mount them on a bracket at the front drivers side corner of the cylinder head at a 45* angle. The angle isn't a issue, its acceptable by amsoils installation instructions, but the instructions also say not to mount the filter system directly to the engine? A lot of guys are selling them so they must be working? :what:
4463595.jpg

I have mine on the fram rail under the pass front door. Mounted horizontally, filters facing the rocker. It is the dual bypass setup and the oil psi was a concern brought up by some people on here being so far away. It holds 50+ psi of oil psi at all times, no problems.

Mine is currently on the engine on a 45deg like the one in the pic.

Thinking about moving it though, makes a mess when its changed.

Sent from my SGH-T879 using Tapatalk 2

Not to hyjack, but, I need one of these to get a bypass filter on my set up. I need a 3/4-16 to 1-16 adpater. Anyone? Interwebz aren't being so helpful. I found one on fleabay but it went to Jap threads.

$(KGrHqZ,!q!F!IToukWDBQLBTVTDFw~~60_57.JPG

I was going to use a filter tower I have and build my own, does anybody know the size of the hole in the return/fill cap? The small one that restricts the flow through the bypass loop. Also does anybody have a filter number for a 1 micron filter ( fleet guard, Baldwin or any other?)

I understand. Here is the kit I have. No idea who made it but I think it will work.

attachment.php

Attachments

• moto_0559.jpg
    moto_0559.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
Dan, thats the same kit i have.
I mounted mine horizontally on the outside of my frame under front/pass door. It fits high and perfect, just enough room to spin off the big filter.
I can get you a pic towards the weekend when i get home if you'd like.

Sent from my F'n space phone

Dan, thats the same kit i have.
I mounted mine horizontally on the outside of my frame under front/pass door. It fits high and perfect, just enough room to spin off the big filter.
I can get you a pic towards the weekend when i get home if you'd like.

Sent from my F'n space phone

Yea that would be good.

Back