EFI-Live tuning and plug in fueling boxes?

getblown5.9

Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
I want to get a mileage tune for my 07 5.9 but would like to keep my Edge J/A for the digital gauges.

I am wondering if I have a mileage tune in the ECM, could I still turn the Edge up to level 3-4 when I want a slight boost in power, or will these items not work together.

Yes, you can if you feel the need. But thats the point of EFI, build a tune to get good fuel mileage on the bottom / mid and then tune it for a strong top end.

You can. However I would suggest getting a tuned autocal so you have a few tunes to choose from and just use the Edge for monitoring.

Why not just get the csp tuning and leave your autocal plugged in...change tunes on the fly...

Danny, my post was in reference to a juice with attitude. If you were dealing with a downloader it may be different. From my findings even in stock form the juice still boost fooled and made my otherwise squeaky clean tow file smoke like a freight train.

Since we're on this topic, is there anyway to run a Black/Mini Max for gauges on a 6.7 with a efilive tune?

Yes, just do not download a tune from the H&S. It will still act as gauges just fine. Kinda expensive for just gauges though, you could probably sell your black/mini maxx and buy an edge cs and stick money in your pocket.

Yes, just do not download a tune from the H&S. It will still act as gauges just fine. Kinda expensive for just gauges though, you could probably sell your black/mini maxx and buy an edge cs and stick money in your pocket.

Thanks! What do you think the chances of the Insight supporting Cummins Switchable Tuning?

It all depends on if EFI Live and Edge can make an agreement. I don't even know if they have talked to be honest. I guess we will find out more in the next newsletter.

It also will do some boost and rail pressure fooling that can make an otherwise clean running tune smokey.

Not to mention that because his is fooling the ECM any data log that is generated will be wrong. The log will measure the ECM, but after those mathematical calculations are done he's fooling it but the ECM doesn't see that!

Cheers
Cindy

Back