PDA

View Full Version : Selling Cummins. Need opinions.

FirstGen90
01-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Once my tax return check comes in I plan on putting the old 24 valve up for sale. I'm wanting to move up to something nicer and more suited for daily driving. My initial plan is to find a low mileage LLY but being as I don't know much about Duramax I would like to know the best route to go as far as finding a "good one" and if LLY is in fact the best route to go. Any input is appreciated guys.

Sent from a Dumb Phone using Tapatalk 2

xtreme8504
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
same eggs, different basket... None of the dmax's are "bad" - they all have ups and downs. I personally would try to find an 06-07 classic/LBZ.

Exodus
01-15-2013, 08:36 PM
same eggs, different basket... None of the dmax's are "bad" - they all have ups and downs. I personally would try to find an 06-07 classic/LBZ.

I agree. The 06-07 LBZ are sick.

Exhaust/intake/EFILiVE = hold on to your ass in basically a stock truck.

FirstGen90
01-16-2013, 07:35 AM
So LBZ seems to be the choice for you guys. Any common problems with them/things I need to take care of immediately?

Sent from a Dumb Phone using Tapatalk 2

chromedome1
01-16-2013, 07:48 AM
LLY & LBZ needs to scrap EGR ASAP and add normal items as time allows such as intake, exhaust, lift pump, studs,programming and ultimately a trans upgrade of somekind. If you are going to turn very hard you might want to check on water pump too, they will spin impeller at high RPMS. Either way any Duramax will treat you well, worse problem is expense of Allison!

cumminstrokethi
01-16-2013, 12:16 PM
LBZ is the way to go. LLY's are ok trucks, but they're prone to head gasket failures and wiring harness issues.