wheel dollie ideas

johnstontruckin

I'm looking for some ideas on wheel dollies to move my truck around. I have a small garage so space is kind of limited and the closer I can get the truck to the wall the better. I currently have ones from harbor frieght that are rated for 1500 # but they have bent over time and it never rolled very easy . So I'm looking for some ideas on how you guys built yours and where you bought your casters and what there rated for. Pictures would be nice
Thanks
Derek

Use a good floor jack. Lift the axle at each end until the tires are just off the ground and slide/pull/push it over. This is what we did in shops all the time for vehicles that don't run or anything like that. You can move something a lot with a good floor jack!!!

I have a set of Go-Jacks that I use. They are AWESOME.. However I bought them for use on my auto loader when doing car repossessions on FWD or RWD cars when the owners park them in at a position I can't hook right away. They are expensive but they sure make moving stuff an ease!

I was trying to keep this as inexpensive as possible. I wanted to have maybe 200 in all of this. I'm going to try to reuse the dollie frames I have and replace the casters with heavy duty rubberized ones and sturdy them up. I'm hoping It will roll easier then.

Back