PDA

View Full Version : Truck doesn't start after flash

K80
03-22-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm at a loss here. I've searched a little but need some ideas here. I flashed a tune back into the truck last night. Its that same tune which I had been running for a while now with no issues. I didn't start the truck last night after the flash. This morning It doesn't want to start. Doesn't turn the starter or anything. I've checked battery connections, fuses and I reflashed the same tune in without the 90 deg OBD cable. I'm at a loss what happened here? Everything was working fine last night after I parked it after logging another tune I had been toying with. No DTC's either.

redline5.9
03-22-2013, 07:16 PM
did you try to see if you can read the tune back out to clarify nothing went wrong with the ecm?

K80
03-22-2013, 08:21 PM
The tune that I tried flashing back in last night is a tune I had been running since saturday. Plus its basically the same tune I had been running all winter. Just with the grid heater cancelled. I checked It over and it looks ok. Nothing throwing obvious red flags.

Lightman46
03-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Check your clutch safety switch

K80
03-23-2013, 11:22 AM
I just jumped the safety switch, still nothing.

Lightman46
03-23-2013, 12:27 PM
I Assume everything else works just no starter. If that is the case, trans in neutral brake set, jump across the starter solenoid wire and see if starter will energize if it does then you have a wiring or switch problem. I don't have experience with the security system so I don't know how that would play in to this

K80
03-24-2013, 04:44 PM
I just flashed in a stock file and it started. Then flashed back in the tune that I had been running. It also started. Everything back to normal it seems. I don't understand what happened though?

K80
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Update. The same scenario happened twice recently. Most recent was just now leaving work. It seems if I let it sit for a minute or two (letting myself cool down also) and maybe some fiddling with the key in ignition... It starts. So Next thing is to get another key cut cuz I only have one key with fob anyhow.