PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! LMM Duramax Fuel Rail Pressure Gauge Wiring!!!

TLyons90
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
So I have fully installed and wired almost all of my gauges, Autometer Factory Match GM's... I am stuck on which wires I am suppose to tap into for my Fuel Rail Pressure Gauge. Autometer instructions say for 06-08 Chevys the postive wire goes to the yellow wire on the HPOP sensor and the ground wire goes to the orange/black wire... For the 09 Chevys and up it says the postive wire goes to the orange/black wire and the ground wire goes to the white wire. I have tried this both ways and neither is allowing my gauge to work. The 2nd way made my gauge stay on 0 like it was grounded and the 1st setup rotated the needle all the way to 30 and stay and nether way made the needle move. Has anyone wired a Fuel Rail Pressure gauge on an 08 LMM Duramax and know which wire goes to which cause I am stuck THANKS!!!

Below is a picture of where I first tried wiring it in... Double checking with y'all to make sure I am tapping into the right wires and correct area...

TLyons90
03-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Bump

JWhite
03-29-2013, 02:42 PM
I thought autometer sold a piggyback harness for those?

Trojan366
03-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Don't want to get any $hit for saying this but have you tried duramaxdiesels.com There is a ton of info on here but there are a lot of duramax guys there. Something like this would probably get a quick response!

cpr_454
03-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Check out duramaxdiesels.com

TLyons90
03-30-2013, 11:26 AM
I thought autometer sold a piggyback harness for those?

Unfortunitly not... You just splice it into the fuel rail pressure sensor... PPE is the only ones that I know of that sell a harness...

Thanks for the replys however I might need to check into duramaxdiesels.com... Right now I am on duramaxforum.com and not anybody knows jack anything on there except for dumb questions like how to fill your truck with diesel or what perfomance gains you can get with an edge... LOL

ChuMaDD
04-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Go to duramaxforum.com

TLyons90
04-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Go to duramaxforum.com

Already on there and as I said in my last post on this there a bunch of idiots on there... :lolly:

TLyons90
04-04-2013, 08:36 AM
UPDATE - Like I mentioned before I am just an idiot... Ended up going to a buddy's house last night and decided to give it a go 1 last time... Spent about 30 mins on it making sure all my connections were good and wiring was correct... Long story short my fuel rail pressure gauge now works like a charm! Thanks for yall's reply's however... Greatly appreciated!

4x4dually
04-04-2013, 09:04 AM
So was it just a bad connection or did you have to change the wiring? Just wondering. If it was something you could post that might help someone out down the road.

TLyons90
04-05-2013, 10:39 AM
So was it just a bad connection or did you have to change the wiring? Just wondering. If it was something you could post that might help someone out down the road.

Bad connection. I went back to square 1 and followed Autometers wiring diagram for how it is spliced in and it must of been a bad connection my first time through. I ended up using taps for splicing them in and those work wonders for anyone connection wires into other wiring!