PDA

View Full Version : New pistons....

Texashighways
04-09-2013, 04:39 PM
We are on the verge of releasing our new 04.5-07 CR pistons in standard and +.020" bore. These pistons will not have the oil galley in the crown and I believe will fall somewhere between the steel pistons and the OE in terms of how much heat soak they can handle before melting. They are almost identical to the OE bowl design except for the CC and compression ratio, we are shooting for 17.9-18.3 depending on your block and head gasket.

We are also looking at selling a finished flat top "blank" piston in .020"+. With these new pistons you will have the capability to make whatever kind of bowl you want, either by machining yourself or by choosing one of our pre-designed bowls. The possibility will be there to run so much compression you can blow the side out of the block or merely match the bowl to your aftermarket injectors. I have found that on 12v and 24v blocks that somewhere around 22:1 and higher with a good flowing head and complimentary cam in the 45+psi will split the block :doh:

I think it will be interesting to look at all of the John Deere, International, Cat and other piston bowls that were designed for the injectors that we are using and machine the "cummins" pistons with a bowl that compliments that injector or tweak further.

Question is..... Is this something you guys would like to see brought to market?

Zach

9724VF350
04-09-2013, 10:26 PM
While weight may be a issue, making the pin to undercrown as tight as possible along with a pretty tall top ring land would be awfully handy for those of us that feel a 1.6 rod ratio sucks.

Then again, if you can cut a proper bowl, you can lighten the undercrown to suit the application.

Are flat tops in a 4.210-4.250 bore somewhere in our future?

The information now gone from this section. :(

Texashighways
04-10-2013, 03:41 PM
While weight may be a issue, making the pin to undercrown as tight as possible along with a pretty tall top ring land would be awfully handy for those of us that feel a 1.6 rod ratio sucks.

Then again, if you can cut a proper bowl, you can lighten the undercrown to suit the application.

Are flat tops in a 4.210-4.250 bore somewhere in our future?

The information now gone from this section. :(

If the 4.020" and 4.040" bore pistons work well, we will be messing around with 4.210-4.300" next. I will come up with just about anything for these engines you guys want if there is enough demand.

Zach

Texashighways
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
18.3:1 pistons on the left and the new finished blanks on the right. Is this something you are interested in?

photo10-1_zps3947270d.jpg Photo by zacheryhamilton | Photobucket

spooled05
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
If u had some.040 right now I'm in need of a set so I can finish my shortblock

j-rod
04-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Cast? Forged?

spooled05
04-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Edit my above post , I rechecked bore and it's .020 over . When will u have some ready for sale , and what's the price tag ?

Texashighways
04-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Edit my above post , I rechecked bore and it's .020 over . When will u have some ready for sale , and what's the price tag ?

We should have some inside the next month or so. They will be available in .020"+ only at first. We are only going to be doing cast at this point but might get into steel next.

Price tag will be around $699 for a set with wrist pins, without rings on either piston.

photo9-2_zpsf65f836e.jpg Photo by zacheryhamilton | Photobucket

dangerous06
04-26-2013, 10:25 AM
If your pistons are as good as your cams I want a set! Have you thought about coatings as standard for your pistons? It would be a great selling point! I do want a set of .020 over when they are ready just get them coated for me!