Alpine or Pioneer headunit

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
Been an alpine man all my life but I've heard great things about pioneer. My sisters bf has a pioneer and I've got to say I was impressed. I'm getting ready to purchase a new navigation headunit so I'm debating the two. So what say y'all? Which brand and which model do y'all prefer?

I think it all depends on what you plan to use. I don't want navigation so I believe my best bet is a Kenwood DDX470. I will be running a separate amp for mids/highs.

Go find a demo board that has both and play with them. Only way you'll find which you prefer. They both have all the functionality you will require. Go see which you like better.

I'm an Alpine fan. Had Pioneers before, but never a nav unit in either. The one thing I don't like about Alpines are their complete lack of ability to make a users manual that is remotely understandable and covers everything. Most of it is push a button and see what it does. For sound.....Alpine. $.02

Definitely agree on the users manual. Found out the model pioneer I was wanting is being discontinued so I guess I'm back to Alpine haha.

man I have been playing with my avh-x2500bt pioneer and the sound tuning is great on this thing, more imortantly its really easy to tune..

I have a Kenwood double din and I like it a lot, however, if I would do it again I would go with Pioneer probably

Sent from phone

I went from Alpine to Pioneer, and I was the same way. Alpine HU is all I have ever had, because they were the best... Nowadays, the Pioneer is hard to beat for less than half odf what the Alpine the cost and way better graphics. I believe mine is the 4500 DD, you can use apps from your phone on the radio, like motionX-GPS and have NAV without buying a NAV HU. Saving about $400.

All the iphone integration is what I really like, as soon as I turn the truck on, it syncs all my contacts, ipod music, and pandora from my phone. Then I can control them all without hooking my phone to anything. I bought the cord, but havent used it twice in a few months.

I just installed a Kenwood Kdc-x897. I like it so far. Got a decent deal on a set of 6 1/2 Focal's for the rear. All I need now is the JL audio stealth box.

Ended up finding my exact alpine nav unit in my last truck on Craigslist for $500 never installed. Just couldn't pass it up.

Back