PDA

View Full Version : 6.7 info

kmkdiesel
10-05-2007, 02:01 AM
I am new to the this forum and just posted on a bunch of theads. I have been testing a lot of stuff on a 6.7 and know quite about them you guys have any questions fill free to ask and I will help you out the best I can.

Moparbabe76
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Ok. I have a question for you. Which is the better diesel engine to get in the new cummins diesels? I am going to buy my hubby one for christmas. should i go with the 7.6 turbo or is there something better? We will be using it to move a boat and a camper. I test drove an 07 Maga cab 7.6 turbo deisel with the 6 speed auto. It drove good but not sure. So could you give some in sight?

kmkdiesel
10-05-2007, 11:34 PM
That is the biggest ? right now. The new 6.7 and the new auto trans with the factory exhaust brake you can not beat it for towing. Some People have had alot of problems with the 6.7 will tell you not to buy one, others will say heck ya get one. The problems have mainly been fixed with the flash updates. The 6.7 manuel clutch is real weak. It slips real easy. Other than that I would say get a 6.7.

xtrm-acc
10-06-2007, 12:30 AM
If your husband wants a great towing truck that is quiet and has many great features, such as the exhaust brake and manual shift 6spd auto, go with the 6.7. Its power and torque are very predictable, but depending on how big your boat and camper are, may not have have enough grunt to satisfy your hubby in terms of speed. I know my 6.7 will not pull even close to the same as my 5.9, because of the mods capable on the 5.9, ie chip, exhaust, etc. But if your rigs aren't overly heavy, the 6.7 will serve you great, you cant go wrong.

Moparbabe76
10-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Of course there will be some mods made to it before he gets it. like the spray in liner and a chip to he it with the power part. I'm also getting him extra gages to be able to keep track of all his part like trans temp. and more. And Push bar and all I want it to look like the one he has already but newer.
Thanks for the in put all.

timmcgraw67
12-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Of course there will be some mods made to it before he gets it. like the spray in liner and a chip to he it with the power part. I'm also getting him extra gages to be able to keep track of all his part like trans temp. and more. And Push bar and all I want it to look like the one he has already but newer.
Thanks for the in put all.

Do you have a twin sister with your mentality? Hell I can't even afford the 6.7 I just bought let alone upgrades. Well I did one upgrade but that was free... I flattened out my wheelwells w/ a tranny bouncing around. Truck looks trashed on the inside but eh who am I kidding it looks 7 years old. Expensive beater that I would like a wife to pay for LOL.