PDA

View Full Version : rear audio controls

kauser44
12-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I just installed a JVC head unit in my 03 Sierra. The rear audio controls don't work along with the rear speakers. I have read that you can't get the rear audio controls to work with an aftermarket stereo. Is this correct? And shouldn't the back speakers still work? Any help would be appreciated.

WhitetailAddict
12-04-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure about that. Did you get the interface harness so the Bose and steering wheel controls work? Also the harness for Onstar?

kauser44
12-05-2013, 08:17 AM
My truck does not have steering wheel controls or OnStar so no special harnes was needed. I have just the single OEM plug. At first I had no speakers working until I repined the plug to send ignition power to amp under con soul. Now I have front speakers but I'm wondering if I can't get the rear stereo controls to function that my rear speakers will never work.

kauser44
12-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Anybody have any ideas or run into this.

WhitetailAddict
12-09-2013, 04:37 PM
I would post this question over on Duramax Diesels. I know there are some people there that could tell you where to look. Personally, I'm not good with vehicle electronic problems.

murphy41
12-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Whether it has On-star or steering wheel controls, any Chevy (GMC,Cady) etc 03-up still require an interface to get the radio to work properly. I put a head unit in the girlfriends Cavalier and its an 03. Manual windows, manual locks, etc very basic model commuter and it still required the interface to work.

BgBlDodge
12-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Chevy runs damn near everything through their head unit.