PDA

View Full Version : ladder bars / traction Bars

Hector-BD
12-24-2013, 01:29 PM
What are the main features that are most important to you when it comes to Traction bars / ladder bars for daily uses (non-competitive)?

Please give us your input?

Regards,

Hector

DirtyMaxx03
12-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Traction bars are pretty simple. All they do is keep the axle from pivoting. You just need ball joints on one end of the bars.

Cal trac type "traction bars" have a lot more going on

Hector-BD
12-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Yes but we can control the ride quality buy having a close to stock ride but firmer, or a very firm ride quality under mild load/throttle with a loaded truck.

Chris Tobin
12-24-2013, 02:02 PM
For DD use I say to use rubber or poly bushings on the frame mount and heim joints on the other end for strength and adjustability without a harsh ride and noise. A shackle on the front at the frame mount is also needed for a daily driver especially if it is a 4WD and the owner ever wants to go off road and wants some articulation without binding up the suspension.

You could also off them in black powder coated finish for long lasting good looks or RAW for someone that wants to paint them to match their truck...

Those are the first things I think of off the top of my head...

99GreenCummins
12-24-2013, 02:04 PM
70-80" also for daily use. The longer won't push the axle around as much when loaded.

Samaras Diesel
12-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Noise control and style are a big selling point in my openion.