PDA

View Full Version : E4OD woes...

AcIdBuRn02ZTS
02-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Hey guys...

Got an old '93 f250 4x4 ext. cab with the 7.3 idi. Lately the trans has been acting up a bit.

The truck is stock and has 255k on the odometer.. its a work truck and has been used as such. A few weeks back, we had 3k# of block in the bed for a short drive (12 miles or so...) Went to pull into the drive and the truck didn't want to make it up the grade... felt as if it had a high stall converter.. just didn't want to pull.

Backed down the drive and got a little momentum and made it up no problem... but ever since then... almost every time I take off from a stop, it feels as if the converter is stalling out. I don't think the trans is slipping as it doesn't free rev and snap back into gear as you'd expect.. it just feels like the converter has a much higher stall then it does. Sometimes it doesn't really start to pull until near 2200-2300rpm and that's unloaded.

Other then that, it drives great.. shifts smooth... doesn't skip shift or hunt for gears... doesn't shift hard in any gear... no codes that I know of yet... and the fluid is full and clean with no burnt smell.

The truck pulls great in reverse... and has no problem once its moving.

Ideas?

Planning on a rebuild but want to check off the little things first before diving into it.

Thanks guys
-Chris

AcIdBuRn02ZTS
02-24-2014, 01:14 PM
No one have this issue before?

Sent from a pay phone... using Tapatalk v2.0