PDA

View Full Version : lbz injector upgrades?

Randall12v
10-24-2007, 10:14 PM
so, I'm looking into getting an LBZ...

just wondering if anyone makes a peformance injector for the LBZ...I know F1Diesel makes them for LB7 and Y. Any feedback would be great!

JacktheBear3
10-24-2007, 10:36 PM
If your planning on going north of 700HP you'll need sticks, otherwise concentrate on support items like lift pump, Tuner, EGR block off, and Rail Mods.... Dual Fueler or ModCP3 will be needed to get the HP out of the sticks.

Randall12v
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
ya that's the goal. I've got a pretty good idea on all the others mentioned.

hard part is to find an '06-07 reg. cab 4x4.

carcrafter22
10-24-2007, 11:42 PM
McRat has pushed his lly to over 750hp on stock injectors and says they have more in em. I beleive he has run 10.6x in the 1/4 in his daily driven truck.

Noreaster
10-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Before you think of cp3 mods or duals or injectors you will need to do the rods

Papuller86
11-21-2007, 10:19 PM
ya the LBZ injectors are good to 700hp they say

paint94979
11-24-2007, 05:55 PM
ya the LBZ injectors are good to 700hp they say

Who says that? No one knows. Pat has Casper close to 800hp and has stock injectors. A Duramax isnt a Dodge, injectors dont need to be done. We have EFI Live not just stacked boxes.

JacktheBear3
11-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Who says that? No one knows. Pat has Casper close to 800hp and has stock injectors. A Duramax isnt a Dodge, injectors dont need to be done. We have EFI Live not just stacked boxes.

So what are you really saying?

It's not possible but it is......

Kman9090
12-12-2007, 11:06 PM
EFI live, Sounds like a video game. I don't really know what you need or nothing but if you where to get injectors I would fo with Don's. They are a very good injector and I swear by them. He is very good at inspecting the body and rebuilding the whole injector not just the tip.

Soup Nazi
12-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Yes, the Dmax will make high peak power numbers with a stock injector, but you end up with moderate low range. EFI can add duration, so units of fuel injected per unit time is always governed by the physical size of the injector itself. The only way to increase the stock injectors rate of flow per unit time is to increase the pressure or lower the viscosity of the fuel. Neither is practical.

The guys who use the stock injectors to either prove a point or through ignorance of the system as a whole are leaving much power on the table.

Kat
12-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Yes, the Dmax will make high peak power numbers with a stock injector, but you end up with moderate low range. EFI can add duration, so units of fuel injected per unit time is always governed by the physical size of the injector itself. The only way to increase the stock injectors rate of flow per unit time is to increase the pressure or lower the viscosity of the fuel. Neither is practical.

The guys who use the stock injectors to either prove a point or through ignorance of the system as a whole are leaving much power on the table.

Casper runs stock LLY injectors. Exactly how quick is your LLY on fuel? And how many passes per transmission?

If Duramaxes need injectors, you should sell Pat a set and he will put them in Casper and it will go faster. Right?

rhilton109
12-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Casper runs stock LLY injectors. Exactly how quick is your LLY on fuel? And how many passes per transmission?

If Duramaxes need injectors, you should sell Pat a set and he will put them in Casper and it will go faster. Right?I have a set of his injectors.We will see REAL SOON qhat they are capable of

duratothemax
01-02-2008, 09:23 AM
EFI live, Sounds like a video game. I don't really know what you need or nothing but if you where to get injectors I would fo with Don's. They are a very good injector and I swear by them. He is very good at inspecting the body and rebuilding the whole injector not just the tip.

yeah well that "video game" is the reason there are streetable 9 and 10 second 4x4 duramax's and the only 9 second 4x4 dodge needs to be towed to the starting line and spooled with 3 cans of ether.

that video game is the reason my buddy just made 1041 ft lbs of torque at the rear wheels on stock turbo, stock injectors, stock everything, even a freaking stock INTAKE. Oh sorry I forgot, he also has a built trans, 5" exhaust and 40 dollar holley lift pump. :)

:rolleyes:

injectors, dont need them on a duramax as other people have said. Put your money towards other things.

01 12v
01-02-2008, 09:45 AM
yeah well that "video game" is the reason there are streetable 9 and 10 second 4x4 duramax's and the only 9 second 4x4 dodge needs to be towed to the starting line and spooled with 3 cans of ether.

that video game is the reason my buddy just made 1041 ft lbs of torque at the rear wheels on stock turbo, stock injectors, stock everything, even a freaking stock INTAKE. Oh sorry I forgot, he also has a built trans, 5" exhaust and 40 dollar holley lift pump. :)

:rolleyes:

injectors, dont need them on a duramax as other people have said. Put your money towards other things.

And just how many 9 and 10 sec d maxs are there out there and just how streetable are they not very and the fact that a stock dmax cant hold much over 600hp while a cummins bottem end can handle much more. And the only reason the 9sec 4X4 has to be towed is for safety reasons the block is filled bigdeal last year at T/S event a dmax lost his bottem end never said anything and another racer found his mess while hitting the wall

JOHNBOY
01-02-2008, 11:23 AM
And just how many 9 and 10 sec d maxs are there out there and just how streetable are they not very and the fact that a stock dmax cant hold much over 600hp while a cummins bottem end can handle much more. And the only reason the 9sec 4X4 has to be towed is for safety reasons the block is filled bigdeal last year at T/S event a dmax lost his bottem end never said anything and another racer found his mess while hitting the wall
WOW! Losts of good injector info in that post. :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

CompD has a Dodge fourm go :cheer: there please. You can take tin can with you. This poor guy asked for answers and this crap is what he got.:bang

To answer LBZ injectors are fine for stock turbo trucks. If you have upgraded your turbo Injectors might be a great idea. All the injectors that are out right know are reworked stockers. This works but the the stock spray angle sucks for anything over 20* timing. An injector that has better angles would really help IMHO. But at this time that is not possible as blank tips to not really exist. Well there are some but good luck getting hands on them.

duratothemax
01-03-2008, 01:15 PM
And just how many 9 and 10 sec d maxs are there out there and just how streetable are they not very ll

um, quite a few actually.

Why does that 9 second cummins have its block filled? The 9 second duramax's have a stock block and they even have a cooling system too!!!!

2wd_sled_puller
01-03-2008, 08:10 PM
um, quite a few actually.

Why does that 9 second cummins have its block filled? The 9 second duramax's have a stock block and they even have a cooling system too!!!!

And the ac was running while doing it:hehe:

Like johnboy sayed Stock injectors do just fine when u go bigger its hard to keep admization and duration where u need it. With stock injectors they can support what u threw to them. Im not really sure but dont nasty girl have stock injectors??

Nasty Girl
01-05-2008, 09:14 AM
And the ac was running while doing it:hehe:

Like johnboy sayed Stock injectors do just fine when u go bigger its hard to keep admization and duration where u need it. With stock injectors they can support what u threw to them. Im not really sure but dont nasty girl have stock injectors??

:umno: :hehe:

Nasty Girl
01-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Here is a pic of one of the 1000+ RWHP runs at Merchant Auto. She smoked like a freight train even on the top end. Think there is anything left on the table there? :hehe: So do DonM injectors make more HP over the stockers? I think I'd have to say yes! :woohoo:

Ether Man
01-05-2008, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=duratothemax]yeah well that "video game" is the reason there are streetable 9 and 10 second 4x4 duramax's and the only 9 second 4x4 dodge needs to be towed to the starting line and spooled with 3 cans of ether.

:hehe: i wonder if 6 cans of ether would put me in the 8 second range?

Nasty Girl
01-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey Smitty you related to the Ether Bunny? :hehe:

Ether Man
01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey Smitty you related to the Ether Bunny? :hehe:

yeah, he's my little nephew.LOL keith, you know you need to start cleaning up some of that smoke as the other chevy guys that don't like to see smoke might talk bad about you and your smokey ol duramax.:poke:

Nasty Girl
01-05-2008, 06:11 PM
I hear ya! :hehe: ..........hmmmmm now where did I put those new turbos? LOL