PDA

View Full Version : 6.4 problems!!

nwtdiesel
11-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Ok, friend of mine has a 08 6.4. Put the sct extreme in it and noticed no difference except it shifted alot harder. Put it back to stock and it seemed to run better than tuned. Does the pyro HAVE to be hooked up for the programmer to work properly? Put the truck on the perf tune and still had no luck, kept blowing smoke out of the engine compartment. Turned it back to stock again. Do you push the circle button to select the tune or do you have to push escape?? Frickin thing takes forever to download. Please let me know!

6.0kingranch
11-02-2007, 10:55 PM
If it blows smoke from the engine compartment somethings no right. Can you tell how much boost the truck is making?

nwtdiesel
11-02-2007, 11:06 PM
It blows smoke when it idles up in park. Seems like when the tuner is in its always idling up and blowing a haze of smoke out the engine compartment. Boost was all over. I seen it hit 28psi once then it wouldnt go over 20psi a few runs after???????

nwtdiesel
11-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Any one have any suggestions? Think its goin to the stealer on Mon. The truck also reaks of exhaust fumes in the cab when idling at the stop light??

BFD99
11-05-2007, 01:13 AM
does the truck have the latest flashes from ford that takes care of the flamethrower out of the exhaust? if not it needs that to run correctly with the SCT extreme. i buddy had the same problem minus the smoke out of the engine compartment. Got the new flash and the truck runs!!!!!!!

pwerwagn
11-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Smoke in the engine compartment dont sound to good there Newly....

Im curious if the SCT F'd with the timing enough to cause the injection event to occur during an open intake valve and the smoke is coming from the intake?
that would be a ton of advance though to "accomplish" that....

Good luck dude.

--Jeff

Kleetus
11-05-2007, 04:15 PM
It wouldn't run at all if it was firing the injector with the intake valve open... besides that there would be a cloud coming out of the grille...

SINNER
11-05-2007, 05:01 PM
blown intercooler or boot? leaking uppipe or egr system? smoke from under the hood is a leak from somewhere.

Morpheus
11-05-2007, 06:51 PM
That would be a leak from one of the clamped joints or one of the flex joints that may have seperated in the exhaust. I had the same problem with my 6.0L till I did a "Little" modification LOL