ANOTHER Texas trip in the making, by way of DENVER

Mark Nixon

No Savior among the flesh
In the next 1-2 weeks I fully intend to make a trip to Dallas, Texas.
It will be by way of Denver, Colorado.

The idea is to flat tow (towbar) a truck out to it's new owner in Denver, then skip down to Dallas, by way of OKC, with a bed full of engine parts.
However, I will forego the towbar for the trailer if someone needs parts of bulk, or weight, that will necessitate more room.

See my ads in the "Dodge Parts For Sale" forum, or hit me up here, or via PM.
Or give me a ring at 402-780-5127.

Mark.

Last edited:
That's the route I'll probably take, at least part of it, anyway.
I'd like to roll down I-25 to Pueblo, then east on US50 to La Junta, turn right at Lamar, then jump south to Dumas, then Amarillo.
It's a little slower, but there's places to check out in that area.

Mark.

This IS the time for you Texas guys to hit me up for parts.

I know there were a couple that were waiting on this, but, as usual, I'm brain dead as to who wanted what and where.

Mark.

What's on your mind?

It's been somewhat slow lately, so if I get all of these engines cored down and ready to go over the weekend, then haul some scrap iron for go-money and do some light and other maintenance on the truck & trailer, I could be rolling as early as late next week.

If I can roll my fat ass out of bed and get going in the mornings, that is. :D

Mark.

If you do end up through OKC, let me know. I'm literally right off the interstate.
I am sill trying to work the particulars out.
The biggest issue is that it rained here and it's been too muddy to drag the trailer out and load up.
Supposed to freeze pretty good here the next few days, I'll get caught up to it then.

Mark.

Mark, I still need a few things for a '96:

Good upper and lower drivers door hinge (with spring)
Console lid, grey if possible
Oil dipstick
Driver's door panel "cup/pull", has power locks/windows

24v VP bare block, gotta verify year. Pretty sure 01-02

Edit:
Also need 98-02 drivers door (quad cab)
01-02 complete dash

Last edited:
I need a good 5.9 crank, preferably out of a common rail. And around 4-6 scrap cams for other than engine purposes. I'll try to keep watching to see when this trip will happen.

If you head home up I-35, I'll buy you a beer at the BBQ joint for a blower motor resistor pack for an '09 or compatible truck. I have 1, 2, and 4th speed on my blower. Kinda sucks...no pun intended.

Forrest, you can never have enough junky Chrysler/cummins ECMs!

Jory, you anal SOB. I bet not having all 4 speeds drives your OCD arse up the wall!

I literally have 100 CM849 and CM2100 ecms available to me, unfortunately, my working capital is almost non-existent, because I pulled a bonehead move, in buying 2nd gen trucks that barely even part out, when I could have INVESTED in ECMs.

I'm keeping an eye on this topic guys.
Now that the holidays are over, I'm needing to play catch up, yet the weather here has slowed me up some.

I'll "git 'er dun", though. :D

Mark.

Last edited:
Back