PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Question

100farmall
11-11-2007, 03:24 PM
I have a quick question about my transmision. When I let my truck sit even just over night, when I first put it in gear the truck barely moves. I have checked the fluid and the trans dosent have but about 10,000 miles on it. My truck is not raced or anything so I havent been too hard on it. Once I take off and start driving it shifts perfectly and there is no other problems with it.I just dont know why it just takes so long to get started. I even let my truck sit for a few minutes before I take off in it. One more thing, I came to your open house and to the drag race back in May. My family and myself had a great time. I cant wait till next May. I fell in love with Kentucky! I drove in from N.C. and I look forward to the next time I get out that way!

366ci_cummins
11-12-2007, 08:14 AM
if memory serves me correctly there is an in-line check valve the prevents converter drain back. Try starting it and putting it in netural for about 5 sec. the drop it in gear. We have to do the same thing on my dads 95 V10. I belive there is an update kit or some sort of a recall on this, but don't hold me to it.