PDA

View Full Version : Looking at an 07 or 08 Dodge

DAFBFD58
11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Looking to get into a diesel and the dodge has always been up there with my other choices. I am normally a die hard Ford guy but I am beginning to sway a little. What should I look for in a dodge that i might not find in a Ford? How hard is it to mildly build the truck? I plan on at least an edge or something like that, downpipe and a single stack out of the bed. I have the lift and everything else like that will be done by Jesse at Farmboy Fabrications. He helped me build my dream am I am going to stick with him on this one, If I do decide to go this route.
I know this sounds a like a forum rookie question but except for a Jeep I have only owned Fords. So explain to me why I might want to consider the move over to a Dodge.

ctd8999
11-15-2007, 07:46 PM
I am normally a die hard Ford guy but I am beginning to sway a little. What should I look for in a dodge that i might not find in a Ford?
That would be a CUMMINS !!! Good Luck on the the DODGE when you do get one. Thanks Steve B.

PRattenbury
11-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Might want to stick with the 5.9 in a 07, since there are performance goodies available for them, and the 5.9 is a known commodity. I'm sure the 6.7 will get there eventually. I like the 6 speed tranny and engine brake available on the 6.7, but I'm a bit leary of the smog gear, thinking along the lines of stock engines.

DAFBFD58
11-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Ok found a `06 3500 with the 5.9L with a six speed stick shift. Better find?