AWESOME Carnage from the 5E Diesel HT Offroad Dyno Day 11-17

crewgirl

Inmate #28
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/TexasCTD/?action=view&current=BucksTurboBlowingup.flv

I'm one of the people standing on the driver's side that takes off running when it ka-blooies. Buck had made 3 runs right before that with #'s of 735, 742 and 745. That run clocked 935 HP just before the turbo exploded. Pieces went everywhere, including one of the little clocking shims thingy's going through the rear quarter panel of a Camaro.

Buck isn't all that upset.........:pop:

Gotta love the flames out the stacks and the melted turbo laying on the ground...why did they start it back uo though? I woulda left it off...lol

WOW. I got text messages about this happening...wow.

yea, Buck is always pretty calm LOL

Hey Buck aka HT3500....I have a SilverBullet for sale LOL

BigB82789 said:
Gotta love the flames out the stacks and the melted turbo laying on the ground...why did they start it back uo though? I woulda left it off...lol

The truck that started up was moving out of the way(out of camera shot) as soon as I saw fire I killed it. besides that truck was much to quiet to be one of my trucks.

.................. that was pretty impressive hahaha i guess it's true what the nascar guys say about the engines running great before something blows up!!!

973604x4 said:
WOW. I got text messages about this happening...wow.

yea, Buck is always pretty calm LOL

Hey Buck aka HT3500....I have a SilverBullet for sale LOL

Hey Phil, don't think I'll be going back with another bullet. I'm thinkin maby k31, much cheaper anyways....

HT3500 said:
Hey Phil, don't think I'll be going back with another bullet. I'm thinkin maby k31, much cheaper anyways....

I was just kidding....after that picture i didn't think you would go back to a bullet. Well, atleast you broke it right.

Wow. Go big or go home huh, Buck? That was some MAJOR carnage! Did you just lose the turbo or did it tear up some more stuff?

crewgirl said:
It's disturbing to pick pieces of turbo out of your hair..........

It is....Keating shot tiny chunks out the stack right after launch at Knoxville dragway very early on. I was on the line at launch.

973604x4 said:
Is it on video somewhere? I bet it's a lovely noise

Oh you bet, 2800 RPM at 600 hp and BOOM! To think I had 6 pulls planned with two different sets of injectors.

The blessing comes from Matt that brought me and my truck to OKC for pennies on the dollar just out of kindness.

Jim

That grey single cab, I believe it was one of the college station guys old trucks that Tyler runs with...

Back