Looking for Crew Cab

Bodacious

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Hello All, We've been thinking about either buying an already built crew cab first gen or finding a really good cab and using my son's old welding truck to do the swap.

Anyone know of any around? I want a good one and preferably rust free. I have too many projects now and would prefer to pay for a nice one already set up. The wife said we could sell here '09 if I found her a nice first gen crew.

I would like to pick myself up one as well as they are such neat rigs, check ebay as I saw a few about 6 months ago.

A note from my research was 95% were gas or converted to diesel from a gaser, so I didn't feel like dropping $$$ with somewhat unknown past history. My research turned up asking prices for the cleaner gas or converted ones of 15k to 25k.

I bought one last year, but, it is in such bad shape. I'd post a picture but I'm afraid of getting laughed off this thread. lol

Our old four door was in bad shape, but no rust when we sold it. The guy who purchased it suposobly has the body in perfect shape again and is looking to sell. Give a call to the shop during the week, this is your friends from Ravenswood.

I just did a quick search around me. I did not find anything as of right now. If you find something in the Phoenix area I can go check it out for you before you buy it.

There was a 60's swept line for sale around here for a while. I can't find it anymore. It was a sexy b1thch!

Are you wanting 4x4 or 2x4? Single rear tire?

Are you wanting 4x4 or 2x4? Single rear tire?

Either/Or. It really doesn't matter. I am mainly looking for a good cab with good doors and glass. I have a short bed frame and a few interior parts.

Just talked to a buddy in California that has a decent 1985 2wd long bed crew for around $4k.
PM me for his number, if you are interested.

Mark.

the 4x4 and 4x2 frame rails are formed the same so to do a 4x4 conversion isn't that bad to do ,just drill your holes and bolt your hangers on off of a ram charger, 1/2 ton or 3/4 4x4 truck

Back