PDA

View Full Version : Kodiac Mods, Same as pick up????

SPRDAV
11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I have a 06 Kodiac, and I would like to get The Edge programmer. Is the computer the same as in the pick ups?? I've heard it's different??

Also, does anyone know where the trailer brake wire ends in the cab for a controller hook up??? I think it's on the passager side, glove box area fuse panel, but I can't figure out which one.

Thanks for you input.

Signature600
11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
First, I'm not a Duramax guy...but I noticed this is in the LBZ forum. I didn't think the Medium Duty's got the LBZ, I thought it was still the LLY or even LB7.

If it is the LBZ, I bet the programming would be different!

Chris

SPRDAV
11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure either, I assumed because it is a 06 it would have a LBZ???

Snedge
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Don't use a programmer. Use a module like the Edge EZ.

partsguy662
11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
The medium duty is a completely different ball of wax than the light truck is when it comes to the electronics and engine ratings.

SPRDAV
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
The medium duty is a completely different ball of wax than the light truck is when it comes to the electronics and engine ratings.

That's what I thought. Where do I go to get info???

Snedge
11-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Call Edge. I've installed their product on Kodiaks and Topkicks. From the EZ to the Juice with add.
I also think TS performance may have something. They are a sponser here and good people as far as I can tell.
www.edgeproducts.com (http://www.edgeproducts.com) www.tsperformance.com (http://www.tsperformance.com)

JacktheBear3
11-27-2007, 04:06 PM
PPE covers the Kodiak as a downloader, edge will be hit and miss depending on the Motor and Size of Kodiak.

There is always an MP-8 Module

Also, Duramaxes come in different sizes, better open up the paperwork and verify that you do have a 6.6 Liter motor as well.

JRJernigan
12-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Dude run away from the Edge. I have the attitude with juice in my pickup and all it does is constantly throw check engine lights. I am going to save up money and go with the EFI Live system. I posted a forum asking questions about the EFI Live and everyone loves it and had the same complaints about the Edge system. Atleast research it before you buy it. McRat racing who is an advertiser on this site sells them and has a pretty good deal on the EFI. Good luck!

IdahoRob
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
The Kodiak's duramaxs are detuned compared to the pickup version, but they are the same engine and can be tuned well with EFI Live.

I tuned an 08 recently and it was a LMM. I've also tuned LLY's in them, but not sure on the LBZ's.

Dieselson
12-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Talk to gasuout on this forum, he has a heavily modded kodiak, with all the goodies.

wideopen
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Talk to gasuout on this forum, he has a heavily modded kodiak, with all the goodies.

I was going to suggest the same thing. His Kodiak Rocks!

Here's a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn4Q2gB9WGI

Gasuout
12-12-2008, 11:33 PM
I have a 06 Kodiac, and I would like to get The Edge programmer. Is the computer the same as in the pick ups?? I've heard it's different??

Also, does anyone know where the trailer brake wire ends in the cab for a controller hook up??? I think it's on the passager side, glove box area fuse panel, but I can't figure out which one.

Thanks for you input.

PPE stuff works well on the kodiaks . Kills the speed governor and has been trouble free for me .

Now the trailer wires .... I still havnt found mine yet . I know they are there somewhere . I hear they are in the loom on the passenger side framerail under the hood . I still havnt found them though . PM me if you find yours .

you can PM me anytime for info on these trucks . Best mod for a kodiak is some Deaver front springs and some high dollar shocks . 22.5's with some taller tires also helps alot .

PPE would be my choice on power , and I would consider upgrading the trans if your going to go past level 2-3 on tuner . Heavy truck to be shifting 4-5 stock trans . Keep an eye on your egt's on grades and try to keep under 1250 for the most part towing up grades . I run level 2 towing heavy and see 1200 max flogging it up grades . 5 psi cruising flat ground vs. 10 psi will save you some fuel mileage also . I get around 10 mpg towing .

Like I said PM me anytime or you can call me . 714-514-3675

Johnny

Gasuout
12-12-2008, 11:44 PM
here's some pics of a recent kodiak being done with twins .

It isnt finished yet . It runs , but they are still working out all the bugs .

I like it . Been wanting twins for the kodiak but it has to be custom .

Nobody has done it till now . My next adventure will be something like this .

Johnny

NWroten
05-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Any updates on the Kodiac twins? What was done as far as injector and CP3 upgrades? Thanks for the info, love the site.

Gasuout
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
From what I heard they popped the motor . working on a new motor and then back at it with the twins .

From what I hear there is another kodiak with twins being done as we speak by Nathan IdahoCTD .

Cant wait to see his set-up . always very good stuff coming from that camp .

Gasuout
05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
The Kodiak's duramaxs are detuned compared to the pickup version, but they are the same engine and can be tuned well with EFI Live.

I tuned an 08 recently and it was a LMM. I've also tuned LLY's in them, but not sure on the LBZ's.

Im all set up with EFI live now Rob . I would love to have a few tunes from you if your ever interested .

Johnny

DrSpeed
05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Im all set up with EFI live now Rob . I would love to have a few tunes from you if your ever interested .

Johnny

You have a website with more photos? Your truck is SICK!

And way to get around CA's lift laws with the GVWR!

Gasuout
05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Here is a link to a gang of pics . Thanks for the compliment also .

gasuouts Garage - Diesel Place (http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=hall&u=16820)

emiller3
05-19-2009, 07:36 PM
EFI LIVE all the way!

Gasuout
05-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Used PPE for 5 years and it works well for the avid user and easy to use . I am using EFI now , but it is more for the more experienced and you really need to know who is tuning for you on a kodiak being so heavy . Be careful and make sure to only tune with very experienced tuners .

I have a few trusted guys I would recommend for kodiaks if using efi .