PDA

View Full Version : TS Outlaw 2016 Update

Bye Now
01-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Jan 11, 2016

Here is an updated event schedule.

If you have any questions please feel free to message us here or call TS at 270 746-9999

Thursday Evening June 2nd - kick off get together at Beech Bend Park - Details to be announced

Friday June 3rd - Gates open at Beech Bend 8am ( see flyer for details and classes )

Friday and Saturday June 4th - We will be having our sled pulls presented by Scheid Diesel at Jim Roberts Park. Times TBA

Big Swole
01-11-2016, 04:25 PM
In....

DIESEL_POWER
01-11-2016, 05:02 PM
So glad it's still on!

TRUBBS
01-11-2016, 05:19 PM
so Ryan didn't cancel the diesel drags after all?

Kick Start
01-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Hope he has one of his own.

Bye Now
01-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Just got the confirmation call Kye Kelley ( The Shocker ), Bobby Ducote ( Lil Legend ) and Chuck ( Death Trap) will be at the TS Outlaw Drags to run the Street Outlaw Less Prep Class

Bye Now
01-11-2016, 08:58 PM
For those wondering how the drag race will be ran..

This will be the running order for the classes.

Some of the racers complain about the ET trucks messing up the prep on the track. Here is what I came up with, and it makes the ET trucks one of the most valued classes I'm going to run. With that in mind here is the plan.

Starting off with a fresh prepped track, we will begin with the 10.50 class, followed by ProStreet, followed by ProMod and ProDragster. I am also adding some really fast gas classes etc.

Now is where the 12.0 and the ET trucks come into play....Since these classes do run drag radial or slicks and get the complaints about messing up the track. I will run the 12.0 followed by the ET trucks. Now that the track has been beat up on. This is where the Less Prep street outlaw guys want to run. They will do their burnouts and lay rubber down to get the best surface that can. After the StreetOutlaw class we will prep the track again and repeat!

Everyone will have a good surface to run on and be able to lay down some great times.

Dennis

DIESEL_POWER
01-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Another suggestion is to let you first section Of classes run in reverse order. Pro dragster first, then mod, and street, and 10.5. I only mention this because some pro street and most 10.5 have radial tires which pull rubber off the track.

Dennis Perry
01-11-2016, 09:18 PM
We can look at that Wade. Only thing I worry about is a fresh track with nothing down for you guys to grab too. Anything can be looked at.

Purn1973
01-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Do potential competitors still have to peel their Fleece stickers off in order to get through the gate?

4x4dually
01-12-2016, 06:50 AM
Dammit, Purn. Stop it.

;)

Dennis Perry
01-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Do potential competitors still have to peel their Fleece stickers off in order to get through the gate?

No they will not have to peel any stickers or remove anything from any company. Those companies in question are even welcome to call Randy and sponsor the event if they want too. It's about growing the sport!

4x4dually
01-12-2016, 08:27 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nicely done.

BRE
01-12-2016, 08:29 AM
So we get mad, take our ball away from everyone, then we decide to give it back?

Dennis Perry
01-12-2016, 08:52 AM
So we get mad, take our ball away from everyone, then we decide to give it back?

All I'm saying is that there are always two sides. Did I handle it correctly? No I didn't I am not going to get on here and rehash the events that lead to what happened. I am going forward with doing what I can to put you guys on the best event possible.

zfaylor
01-12-2016, 08:59 AM
This is good stuff to hear. It is tough to admit when you handled something incorrectly. In a weird way all of that going down may have improved the event. Some will be sore about it but the majority should be excited about the improvements.

2Tone12V
01-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Great to hear! Looking forward to the event and certainly an even bigger event with more butts in the stands. Gives us the opportunity to show off what we can do in a diesel. See you guys there!

And love the flyer. Best TS flyer to date! LOL

RascalMafia
01-12-2016, 09:10 AM
Already got the vacation days scheduled; great to hear things were resolved amicably.

4x4dually
01-12-2016, 09:13 AM
And love the flyer. Best TS flyer to date! LOL

It's ok I guess.

LOL

DIESEL_POWER
01-12-2016, 09:18 AM
All I'm saying is that there are always two sides. Did I handle it correctly? No I didn't I am not going to get on here and rehash the events that lead to what happened. I am going forward with doing what I can to put you guys on the best event possible.

Well said Dennis!

BRE
01-12-2016, 09:22 AM

The point I'm getting at is its hard to plan on something when this happens.
I don't care about what happened nor do I wish to hear about it. It doesn't involve me.
Im glad to hear it's still on none the less.

Howling
01-12-2016, 09:24 AM

Thanks for stepping up Dennis and trying to help further the sport.

Brayden
01-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Chase and I never intended for the events that occurred last week to happen, let alone publicly. We're glad to see that Dennis is going to put on a drag race and I'm sure it will be a success. It's water under the bridge to me/us. There's too much history to throw it all away. If Dennis doesn't want to shoot me still, you may see me there. :lolly:

Howling
01-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Good deal, glad it's water under the bridge. I'll buy everyone a beer under the tent on the hill.

BRE
01-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Good deal, glad it's water under the bridge. I'll buy everyone a beer under the tent on the hill.

I'm riding with you!

SmokeShow
01-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Now we're talking!

4x4dually
01-12-2016, 11:31 AM
I'm just disappointed there is no racing on Thursday.

Kiddin'. LOL

Kick Start
01-12-2016, 11:44 AM
It's impressive how much of the truth comes out when you are mad.

That's the upsetting part. I could care less who you shoot or are mad at, but saying f the drag racers is what got me.

The reason you changed your tune was the fact that the other odss promoters spanked you on the pp.

RascalMafia
01-12-2016, 11:51 AM

That's the upsetting part. I could care less who you shoot or are mad at, but saying f the drag racers is what got me.

The reason you changed your tune was the fact that the other odss promoters spanked you on the pp.

Do you know the entire story between Fleeces, Dennis, and the ODSS? Quit speculating and give it a rest man...Water under the bridge, the race is on, everyone is invited. If you aren't happy with that then don't go. Pretty simple.

unfinished business
01-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Do you know the entire story between Fleeces, Dennis, and the ODSS? Quit speculating and give it a rest man...Water under the bridge, the race is on, everyone is invited. If you aren't happy with that then don't go. Pretty simple.

X2. *bdh*

Bye Now
01-12-2016, 12:22 PM

That is in no way what happened. The ODSS had a great first year, and will continue to do great things with Dennis & Dan Scheid's knowledge and the years they have put into these events

2Tone12V
01-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Very happy cooler heads may prevail. Now if people will stfu about it, we can quit hurting our own sport. I've personally spoke with about everyone involved and they are ALL tired of the bs. Some are even ready to just go back to the way it was as individual events if **** doesn't settle down. Then there goes our points chase altogether. So how about everyone zip it and move on. Brayden isn't worried about getting shot, Chase' feelings likely didn't get hurt and Dennis is dennis. Both are a HUGE part of making this stuff work and enjoy supporting what they do. My whip will be decked out with a fleece power plant and a ts data logger for next year. BAM!

Kick Start
01-12-2016, 03:36 PM

I'm not.

Won't support the event again. I'm not worried about who he was or will be pissed off about. Sorry I won't suck him off like the rest of you.

I supported that event every year and was/am a drag racer. No need to support someone that told me to f off.

Carry on.

WPDiesel
01-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Glad to see everyone is back at it!!! Might have to make a appearance with the new unit!!

:clap:

2Tone12V
01-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Huh huh he said, unit

WPDiesel
01-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Yeah you see Anthony if you call your motor a unit it would have sold 3 months ago it's this Indiana slang for too much to fit in one word kinda thing!! ;)

4x4dually
01-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Yeah you see Anthony if you call your motor a unit it would have sold 3 months ago it's this Indiana slang for too much to fit in one word kinda thing!! ;)

Be careful, his "unit" and some of his hardware likes to hang out from what I've heard. LOL A little...fruit hanging out of the loom so to speak. LOL

WPDiesel
01-13-2016, 08:17 AM
hey there is nothing wrong with things hanging out it just means your proud of your unit!!!:lolly:

But I'm glad this is indeed get solved and we can all focus on expanding the sport and not ruining it. believe it or not I talked to a local tuner for street cars he does a lot of lsx swaps and is very big in that community. He said all the automotive sports like ours are acting the same way and it takes us shop owners and higher in the food chain ppl to keep it under control!! your always going to have the typical bs regardless!!

2Tone12V
01-13-2016, 08:52 AM
See you guys there!

Jim Fulmer
01-13-2016, 11:54 AM
Already got the vacation days scheduled; great to hear things were resolved amicably.

So is mine, I'm retired! Too many things going on last year with the house purchase. Guess we'll have to plan this one as both of us are out of school....Road Trip!

Jim

Dennis Perry
01-14-2016, 06:14 PM
UPDATE ON THE STREET OUTLAW LESS PREP CLASS.....

Chuck Parker with 55' Chevy
Cory Peters with Hellanor
Art McMannon with Big Poppa Pro Mod
Roger Holt with ProMod
David Monday with ProMod

This less prep race is really going to bring in the crowd. We're shooting for the largest crowd that Diesel Racing has ever raced in front of!!

Dennis Perry
01-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Another UPDATE ON THE STREET OUTLAW LESS PREP CLASS.....

Kye Kelley with Shocker
Bobby Dukote with Lil Legend
Chuck with DeathTrap
Joe Hidalgo with Warpath
Art McMannon with Mental Pro Mod
Roger Holt with ProMod
David Monday with ProMod

This less prep race is really going to bring in the crowd. We're shooting for the largest crowd that Diesel Racing has ever raced in front of!!

2Tone12V
01-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Sweet! Pumped for this.

Dennis Perry
01-18-2016, 05:05 PM
Another UPDATE ON THE STREET OUTLAW LESS PREP CLASS.....

Kye Kelley with Shocker
Bobby Dukote with Lil Legend
Chuck with DeathTrap
Joe Hidalgo with Warpath
Art McMannon with Mental Pro Mod
Roger Holt with ProMod
David Monday with ProMod
*Jason Thames with Justice has confirmed as well

TravisG
01-20-2016, 01:00 PM
So is mine, I'm retired! Too many things going on last year with the house purchase. Guess we'll have to plan this one as both of us are out of school....Road Trip!

Jim

Always good to see you and Miss Jenifer as well.

megatron
03-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Just to clarify rumors I've heard... are 3.0 smooth bore trucks qualifying both days to pull in the evening or no??

Dennis Perry
04-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Just to clarify rumors I've heard... are 3.0 smooth bore trucks qualifying both days to pull in the evening or no??

The 3.0 smooth bore class will pull during the day. No qualifying like last year.

tarter6bt
05-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Is there going to be a 2.5 class by chance?

blkout
05-29-2016, 07:43 PM
What time will the gates be closed on Thursday at the pull venue?

Commonly_Railed
06-01-2016, 08:39 PM
we are leaving Friday morning early does any one know what time the street outlaw class would run and what's it cost to get in to the drags? thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logant
06-01-2016, 08:50 PM
I believe if it is like last years it is 25 per day per ticket or 40 for both. Can't say for sure. And for the guy asking about 2.5 class it's a no. It's hard enough getting the big classes through.

Commonly_Railed
06-02-2016, 06:44 AM
Jan 11, 2016

Here is an updated event schedule.

If you have any questions please feel free to message us here or call TS at 270 746-9999

Thursday Evening June 2nd - kick off get together at Beech Bend Park - Details to be announced

Friday June 3rd - Gates open at Beech Bend 8am ( see flyer for details and classes )

Friday and Saturday June 4th - We will be having our sled pulls presented by Scheid Diesel at Jim Roberts Park. Times TBA

if you had to guess what time will the less prep class take place Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97rada
06-02-2016, 06:50 AM
The 3.0 smooth bore class will pull during the day. No qualifying like last year.

Is there an accurate schedule. Havnt found one

Chris Tobin
06-02-2016, 08:37 AM
Is there an accurate schedule. Havnt found one

I was told by Cyndie, who works for TS that the gates open at the pull track at 8 am as well and that they will pull at 12:00.

I'll be shooting the drags all day Friday then pulls Friday night and Saturday I'll shoot the 3.0 class during the day and the night pulls as well...

BigPapa
06-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Is the pull on or did it get rained out?

I live about 25 miles south west of the pull and it's rained here on and off all day. Some pretty heavy. I know it flooded up there last night.

six_sloww
06-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Rained out

BigPapa
06-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Any talk of trying it tomorrow or is it done?

jones95runner
06-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Any talk of trying it tomorrow or is it done?

There was no reschedule day. Pretty sure the pullers are all already gone.