PDA

View Full Version : Race twins vs. Towing twins

Jethro6213
12-11-2007, 02:52 PM
What are the differences between the two kits. I know the towing twins have a 62 over a K31. I think the racing twins have a silver 62 over a big brother. How big is the big brother? Could a person use the racing twins on an everyday driver or will they be too big. I found a good deal on both sets.

Timbeaux
12-11-2007, 03:11 PM
You can run race twins on the street all day long with enough fuel.

4x4dually
12-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I would run the tow twins all day long if I had enough MONEY not FUEL!!! :kick: I got the 62, I just need the K31! If I only knew diesel fuel would over-take me I would have re-considered marriage and maybe I'd have a bad a** truck......just kiddin' honey....I hope she don't read this!!! :D

MMAguy
12-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Run the race twins, I run them all day long with no issues. Other than pissing off the guys at the race track when their viper loses to my lifted 06"

scott2001
12-10-2008, 08:33 PM
What are the differences between the two kits. I know the towing twins have a 62 over a K31. I think the racing twins have a silver 62 over a big brother. How big is the big brother? Could a person use the racing twins on an everyday driver or will they be too big. I found a good deal on both sets.
What size injectors are you going to run if you go with the towing twins

94 12valve
12-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I thought the race twins had a silver bullet over the big brother?

rush
12-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I thought the race twins had a silver bullet over the big brother?

you're correct silver66/big brother

Jim Fulmer
12-11-2008, 05:31 AM
I ran a SPS 66 and Big Brother combo several years ago for a long time, they are far from non-streetable.......I typically put 20K at year on my truck and they work fine with my current fueling so don't thing you have to have some huge amount of fuel for them either.

Jim

TopFueler
12-11-2008, 06:19 PM
We make the Towing Twins with a PS62/70 on top. The bottom turbo is a K31 with the big exhaust housing with wastegate. The .70 turbine housing makes for very quick spoolup and the K31 with the large housing 5" outlet keeps drive pressure down allows for adjustment with the wastegate adjuster screw. I have this combo on my personal truck now. I put it on after I bought my toyhauler trailer. I have been towing it up over a mtn. into a place called East Canyon Resort. The pull up that mtn. has 4-5 switch backs that are 8% grades with hair pin turns. The twins spool quick and mph recovers very quick as you have to come to a slow almost stopped speed. Love those twins!!

The Racing Twins are streetable. There is a truck that came up from Texas with Racing Twins on to the TS Outlaw Diesel event last year. He was getting 22.? mpg all the way and then laid down 878hp on fuel only. He also did very well at the Dr Performance Dyno day. The top charger is a Silverbullet 66 and the bottom charger is a Big Brother. I might be slightly off on the hp number but it was very impressive to say the least. We can also up grade both chargers in this pakage if our customer wants more air.

Thanks, Brady / II