PDA

View Full Version : Truck lacks some power

lilgsx
07-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Well it has been a long time scene I have posted on here I have been very busy moving in to my house here in GA. anyways I have been running my 06 on a street file #2 from DJ for about 4 months and boy does it haul butt! Anyways lately it just has not been feeling correct. It also lacks the amount of smoke it used to make and it is starting to get less MPG. I have checked the air filter it is clean. I also have noticed the turbo is not as whistlely (is that a word?) as it used to be. I can hammer it and I can here a squeal coming from under the hood area. Kinda like a boost leak but then it goes away. I still get 32 psi it the boost hits fast also. So I really do not know where to start. Thanks

Luke

MOMBENZ
07-12-2006, 05:42 AM
Hey Luke,

There are a couple of things to check. Find a friendly Ford dealer but don't let them reflash your truck. Ask them to pull codes. DJ says it sounds like you may have a bad EBP sensor or a bad turbo but without seeing the truck, it's hard to tell.

He also says, you drove from Hawaii, h#ll, Georgia is just a hop, skip and jump away from us.

Thanks,
Vivian

6point6
07-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey Bro, where did you move to in ole ga?!?

lilgsx
07-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Vivian,
I came down to see you guys in Febuary this year and DJ replaced the turbo then and retuned it then also. He changed my KYNO to a WYRE or something to that nature, when he retuned the truck.
I also rember eating dinner over there at you guys place. So I might have to make a little run south to get truck fixed and some GOOD Dinner! (do not tell my wife I said that!)
But I will try the ford dealer and let you guys know.
I am in ST Marys GA. Just 5 mile from Fl state line via I95.

MOMBENZ
07-13-2006, 12:15 PM
I remember. It's just that I was online and DJ was dictating. Anytime I take dictation, I make sure I specify that it is from him.

If you decide, your wife is also welcome and this time we'll go out for dinner :woohoo:

Good Luck and if you need anything let us know.

Thanks,
Vivian