PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh I got an Idea, What do yall think? Opinions please...

Fireman450
12-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Hidy fellas
I was over at a buddys house last night helpin him put a motor and tranny back in another fellas 95 Dodge 3/4, and we got to talkin about pullin, some how. Well He knows Im a big IH nut, so he informed me that since Im helpin him around the shop for the pure enjoyment, he said he was gonna give me a truck to play with.. I was like ???. Went around the barn and there set a '59
IH Pickup 1 ton, Original Motor that started right up, (But its a gasser...:bang ) So my wheels were a turnin, I love my pullin tractors, but Ive never seen anyone build a old truck like that to run In a diesel class around here. (South Central Ky). What do yall think? Sry so long. Would a feller be better off to run a DT466, or go with somthin else , I was leanin tward a !2v cummins my self, but I can find a good 466 worth the money.
Any ways thats enought outta me...lol :blahblah1:
Yall have a good one...

Snedge
12-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Well..... I would say go for it. You would be wise to stick with the Cummins if you plan on running the pickup class. I believe the 466 would spell DQ in most street classes. You could build whatever you want though and hope they'll let you pull exhibition only.
Sounds like the price is right.

joefarmer
12-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Go for it!!! I'd second Jeff's nomination of running a Cummins or any one-ton engine in it. You'll probably want to pull it in county fairs down there and that would be your best bet.

aggar
12-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Yeah I'd say cummins also. The 466 might be a tad too heavy too but that could be an advantage. And the Old Girl might need some beefing up!

smokin binder
12-19-2007, 10:22 PM
There's always the DT360, just a tad smaller than a 466. You can find 360's for $1500 or sometimes less. And the smaller cubes shouldnt DQ in a street class.