axel-rap anyone

themighty6.7

today on the way to work the roads were wet and every time i broke traction it would rap, my '01 never did that, anyone ever know of the same situation

thanks,

Dayton

How do you know you had axle rap when you were spinning due to the wet roads? Something don't sound right with this story..

Can you tell us more?

usually the rap is when you HAVE traction, like the rear end lifts up into the air a bit, at least it does with my leaf springs...

yell thats why i posted a thread cuz i cant figure out why the bed feals like it is going to bounce off, ( it really feals like if you were to put ur truck in reverse and spin the tires the back would start hopping and shaking real bad), that is the closest why i can describe it

I think the biggest part of it was you were used to driving an ext. cab swb so there was more weight transfer to the rear and it also had big heavy tires that added unsprung weight to again, place weight on the rear end. If you are that concerned about it and being as it won't get modded for a long time I would think about Cal Trac traction bars because they are somewhat smaller (I think). Or go buy some 2" DOM and big heim joints and I will fab you some traction bars lol.

Go throw all your olympic weights in the bed behind the axle to place weight on it and I bet it will smooth out...

Back