PDA

View Full Version : Long internal snap ring pliers- what's your favorite ?

SCHMITTY
02-17-2018, 02:23 PM
I have several pairs of typical length pliers, internal , external, heavy duty. I'm tired of fighting the internal snap rings in 47/48 trans overdrive cases especially the 47rh output shaft and governor snap rings.

There is a snap on truck in the area other than that I'll be looking at ordering a a pair. Anybody have any links to some they like ? Thanks

Tobin
02-17-2018, 04:39 PM
I bought several snap on pliers off ebay. They seem to be the best for me. Those rings can sometimes be frustrating.

smokinVE
02-17-2018, 04:44 PM
Snap-on.

chevota84
02-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Nothing specific, but snap on has the best snap ring pliers in my experience, and avoid anything with replaceable tips.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zfaylor
02-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Knipex. I use snap ring pliers all day everyday. I have snap-on, mac, cornwell, knipex, you name it. The only ones that consistently hold up are knipex. You wouldn't believe how many snap-on and mac pairs I have with the tips ripped off from tiny journal bearing snap rings. Yes I know they have a lifetime warranty. I cannot be without them though, hints the multiple brands and multiple pairs. My knipex have never let me down.

chevota84
02-17-2018, 09:17 PM
I've never tried the knipex ones, but everything else I've tried of their's has been awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

smokinVE
02-17-2018, 09:54 PM
I have several sets of Knipex pliers, I haven't seen their line of long nose snap ring pliers though. Do they make them? Either which way very quality company, and my snap-on Guy sells on the truck and I can warranty mine threw him. Yes I pay a markup on it but the convince of every Friday is worth it.

SCHMITTY
02-25-2018, 02:54 AM
I'll look for some knipex online and check with the snap on guy. I found a larger pair of proto pliers at a local hardware store.