NHRA Division 6 bracket finals

paulb

This Saturdays points race, made it impossible for me not to be going to the Division 6 bracket finals, on the Medford Or team. This will be the third year in a row that I will be racing my pickup at the bracket finals. Anyone else going to be at this years division 6 bracket finals?

Paul

Paul,
It was good meeting you today, congrats on your win. If I can get on a team, I may try to run Medford. Trying to decide between doing that and going up to the Edge weekend in Utah. I may call Coos Bay and see if they have any space on their team. IIRC, you have to show up and race at least once at the track you race for, so I'd have to make the long drive down there. I was afraid that they'd have a full team due to the proximity to Medford. Now if I could just get my truck to quit doing things like speeding up enough to break out by 0.009 when on the brakes for 8 mph...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

It was good meeting you too! Sorry I didn't get to spend more time talking to you. Are you going to the NHRDA races this weekend?

All the tracks that I know of have full teams, but you never know.

Paul

Paul,
I'll definitely be at PIR. If I can line up a babysitter, I'll be at Woodburn as well. BTW, if you need a place to stay over Friday, see my thread on NHRDA.com.

I suppose Lakeview probably has space on their team? 6.5 hours is a long drive though for the one-time race to make a team! I was hoping Madras would have space, but they expect to have a full team this year. If I can make a team I would probably race my truck in Sportsman and another car in Pro (either Trans-Am, 74 Vega or Typhoon).

Thanks,
Michael

I would think that Lakeview would be your best chance. Do they still have a points race left? At one time they required you to attend half of their points races in order to be on their team. Or that might have been the race of champions... Can't remember for sure...

Paul

Paul,
According to some friends at the track (last 2 track champions), it's only the Race of Champions which requires 50% of points races, and it's just one race to make the team. I left a message for Coos Bay to see if they have any room. At least it's a shorter drive than Lakeview, and I've actually raced there before (but not this season).

It's just my kind of luck - I was track champion several times in the 1980's, but all before they had the Race of Champions. The first time I was track champion, I didn't even know I'd won, or what the Bracket Finals were! I've made the late rounds several times at the Bracket Finals, but never into the finals. I'm just having so much fun drag racing again, and it would be fun to go to the finals and see all my old friends from all the other tracks.

Thanks,
Michael

The bracket finals will be next week at Medford, OR. Anyone else racing? I will also be racing at the Division 7 bracket finals and Race of Champions in October. Anyone else going to be there?

Paul

Paul,
Congrats on making it to two division bracket finals (not to mention the ROC)! What track are you running for in Div 7?

I ended up not making it to Coos Bay or Lakeview, too much going on with work, divorce and child rearing. I ended up finishing about 8 slots out of the team for PIR (started about 2/3 of the way through the points season). Just as well, as my Ex is insisting that our daughter's B-day party HAS to be the weekend of the Div 6 finals. Why oh why didn't I check the box that said "Birthdays will be planned separately with each parent"?

Good luck at both events. It would be great to see a diesel win the big one!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I will be racing on the Redding CA team. It has been a busy race season racing in two Divisions, as well as the NHRDA series.

Paul

Damn!!! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

:bow: This has to be the first NHRA Wally won with a Diesel Pickup?:bow:

WOW! Congrats on this news, you must be stoked!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

RacinDuallie said:
Damn!!! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

:bow: This has to be the first NHRA Wally won with a Diesel Pickup?:bow:

WOW! Congrats on this news, you must be stoked!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well actually...This is the third Wally I have won with my pickup. Two last year and now this one. This one however is a gold wally. This race is by far the biggest one I have ever won. Had to go 8 rounds to win. The pickup either did or would have (if I hadn't hit the brakes at the end), run on the dial all but one round. Having a truck that is that consistent makes it a lot easier to race.
Stoked is putting it mildly!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Once again, Paul, congratulations are in order. I'm glad your truck is running that consistently, but more importantly the driver rocks! You definitely earned those Wally's, and if there's one diesel person who drives me to improve my game, it's you. :bow: Enjoy! :)

Back