Wanted 5.9 common rail motor

Cummins6.7trip

Trying to help a friend out had number 5 cylinder burn up. Looking for a motor to drop instead of rebuild but for the right price. The truck is a 2006 and where located close to Pittsburgh PA if anybody has a good motor or knows of one in the area let me know. Thanks
Also would be interested in good short block.

2004-1/2 and 2005 will work, don't let salvage yards tell you any different.
Also, when the apps show the 2006-2007 as different between 2wd or 4wd, it's because the driver's side cast iron engine mount bracket is different between the 2.
Same deal with manual or auto, they are taking into account for the trans cooler and lines.

In short they list it as an ASSEMBLY from a specific application, which is essentially a pull out from flywheel to fan hub.
Strip them all down to a basic short block and except for the pistons in 2003-early 2004 and the timing cases for all of '03 and '04, they are all compatible with each other.

I could list all the subtle differences, for CR 5.9s, but it'd be a couple of hours and this job doesn't pay that well. :D

Mark.

I'd recommend updating those piston rings before tossing a new motor in there too ;-)

Trying to help a friend out had number 5 cylinder burn up. Looking for a motor to drop instead of rebuild but for the right price. The truck is a 2006 and where located close to Pittsburgh PA if anybody has a good motor or knows of one in the area let me know. Thanks
Also would be interested in good short block.

Hit up Jeremy Denson. He’s the very disturbed individual on here under DISTURBED. He’s out of Virginia. Good guy.

Back