PDA

View Full Version : Half century of progress show.

J-Pipes
12-29-2018, 11:21 PM
Trying to talk the wife into making it the family vacation this yr, anyone ever been? My boys would be almost 3-1/2, and almost 2 yrs old, they both love tractors, I put them to bed tonight with the "big tractor power" YouTube channel actually! Thought we could take our S×S to drive around in, but would they let me have 2 adults and 2 toddlers in a 3 passenger S×S? Also considering trying to figure out a way to take my M, since it's the 80th anniversary of the model next yr. Haven't been able to find much online about it yet, would it be a good family thing, or wait until the boys are older?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

06 DIESEL
01-02-2019, 06:00 AM
I personally have not been to that particular show, but I know several of my family has. They say it is a good show, but I can not answer about the SxS, read their rules on their website for them. Some shows are cracking down and will only allow golf carts, others say that each passenger has to have the ability to be belted in.

milkman
01-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Never been to that show but just a suggestion, red power roundup will be in Bloomsburg, Pa this year. It’s a pretty good show, went to it in OH and WI. The last time it was in Bloomsburg, the local pulling club put a pull on nearby but red power doesn’t put any pulls on. I have a pulling M that I would gladly take out there but haven’t found out if they are yet.

Signature600
01-07-2019, 10:21 AM
We will probably be going to Half Century of Progress this year, since both of the AC shows we normally go to are not possible for us. We're thinking of going to half century instead with some combines.

Chris

J-Pipes
01-07-2019, 11:01 AM
I'm still hopeful, but the wife is still not warming up to the idea at all! Both boys were excited to watch combine videos this morning!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

06 DIESEL
01-21-2019, 10:15 AM
Just and FYI they posted on their facebook page to call to reserve your golf cart already. Might follow their page, it has plenty of information on the show.

https://www.facebook.com/HalfCenturyOfProgressShow/?ref=br_rs

thatguy69
01-21-2019, 10:44 AM
We will probably be going to Half Century of Progress this year, since both of the AC shows we normally go to are not possible for us. We're thinking of going to half century instead with some combines.

Chris

Off topic but are you guys the ones who just bought up all the shearer equipments?

Signature600
01-21-2019, 11:04 AM
Off topic but are you guys the ones who just bought up all the shearer equipments?

Umm, NO. Hell No. LOL

We're AGCO/Massey Ferguson here. Single store, Family owned and operated, and will always be.

Shearer was just bought out by AgPro Companies, the largest Deere dealer in the country. With Shearer's 7 stores, and the 10 the just acquired from JD Equipment down here, that bring them to 78 locations I believe. Rumor is they will be at 80 very soon with a couple more acquisitions in progress.

Chris

99GreenCummins
01-21-2019, 11:42 AM
Umm, NO. Hell No. LOL

We're AGCO/Massey Ferguson here. Single store, Family owned and operated, and will always be.

Shearer was just bought out by AgPro Companies, the largest Deere dealer in the country. With Shearer's 7 stores, and the 10 the just acquired from JD Equipment down here, that bring them to 78 locations I believe. Rumor is they will be at 80 very soon with a couple more acquisitions in progress.

Chris

Rumor is Kuester is not far behind. They are making a splash already and making a few guys mad.

thatguy69
01-21-2019, 02:03 PM
Umm, NO. Hell No. LOL

Chris
Ahhh I mixed up agco and agpro.my chiro's son works at the local shearer and just told me about it. They can't be much worse than who's running it now, at least my local one. Anybody I've ever talked to doesn't have anything good to say about them. Me included

Signature600
01-21-2019, 02:37 PM
I'm not hearing anything good about Ag Pro...it's like rats and a sinking ship around here.

Chris