PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Brake Rotors

dmax35
07-19-2006, 01:42 AM
I know you guys/gals are mostly into competition, I’m finding there seems to be a vast bit more knowledge when it comes to other diesel forums asking the same question and getting an answer “buy Edge”
:bang

The current brake rotors on my 2003 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 are warped & the brakes are surging. I do not want a race performance brake rotor, rather a rotor that is going to perform under heavy braking conditions pulling a trailer along with daily driving. Yes I have a trailer brake controller.

Thanks for your input

Noreaster
07-21-2006, 11:06 PM
I was going to use slotted rotors when the time came, IIRC $100 a piece.

Burner
07-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Bear, Brembro, ICE, Hawk..........many to choose from. I'd find out what you're local guys carry and go with that. Nothing sucks more than having 'speical' parts that ya can't get for days. :bang

Mark Craig
07-31-2006, 01:02 PM
dmax35,

Take a look at the Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads, best non HP mod you'll do, was for me! In fact the factory was trying to get me to carry their products and I just wasn't all that keen on it. They sent me a set of cyro'ed rotors and pads and after I waited for 6 weeks to put them on I was amazed. Shorter stops, no fade, and now after 13,000K miles no warpage either. Plus if you ever tow and have 2 or 3 emergency stops on the interstate when traffic is stupid, the pedal will still haul her down.

Get a set and try them, make sure your calpiers are not sticking and are free to slide in their mounts to make sure all is well. Also if your brake fluid has more than 30,000K on it now is a greta time to flush and fill!

Call us if you have any questions on them, we'll be glad to help.

Mark @ DPPI

Burner
07-31-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree with Mark. ....all the HP in the world won't do ya a bit of good it ya can't stop it.

....ummm Mark.....:nopics: