Lighting bolt after brake stand

95cummins5.9

Old man ***** gossiper
Any details on this? The shop I use is trying to say injectors or low fuel pressure, doesn't set a actual code, but does act like it goes into limp mode. I just wanted to do a burnout, damn. Is it something to do with torque management In the tune I have or? I miss my 12 valve more everyday.

The truck has thrown a low supply fuel pressure code, but that's wide open foot to the floor for a while, probably my in tank lift pump.. injectors are stock with 100k on them and the rail has a exergy relief installed already. About to call bullshit on injectors, after all they wanted the truck for a couple days just to get the overhead display to quit saying "exhaust filter full power reduced see dealer"..

Last time mine had the red lightning bolt light, and limp mode, it was the crank position sensor.

The one time I got a lightening bolt it was CAN bus related since I was dickin' with the CAN lines to the ECM. Not sure if that applies here but that's my only experience.

If I had a tune and couldn't do a burnout, I'd be getting a new tune. That's bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You megacab long bed loosers would know wouldn't you...?

For the record...I've never done a burnout in a yard or anywhere else for that matter. I might 'loose traction' on a hard corner every now and then...but other than that....no. :hehe:

If I had a tune and couldn't do a burnout, I'd be getting a new tune. That's bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Does it sound tune related? It is efi tuned, but they wont tell me who's tunes for some reason. It's a secret apparently.

Did it throw a code specific to the CPS?

It didn't at 1st, problem was random. It would all of a sudden buck then the warning light would come on. Sometimes just shutting off the truck and recranking it would straighten it back out.
Then it got worse and stayed in limp mode, and showed up as a bad cps on the scanner.

I just thought of something else that might be related.

Another time my truck had the lightning bolt symbol, I was towing a heavy trailer, put it on a scanner and it showed multiple codes, so erased them all so truck would come out of limp mode. Ran fine until I was towing heavy again and did the same thing. It was throwing multiple random codes again, but could reset with the scanner and would go back to running fine again.

Ended up being a failed exhaust back pressure sender, it would only do it after the truck was worked hard. The sender was screwing up the 5v signal to the other senders down the line.

Back