PDA

View Full Version : 1st to 9's (Revisited)

Timbeaux
07-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Since the first post went in the wrong direction, I'm gonna ask again. who will be the 1st in the 9's in Pro street? (In front of a crowd, with a slip, etc.)

Once again I'll predict this happens by the end of September.

What say you?

(please try to keep this thread on topic this time) LOL

ob1kobi
07-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Stucky or Darren, I think those are the only two trucks we may see in the 9's this year, if we even see them.

Timbeaux
07-20-2006, 10:41 AM
I would also put Hellmann in that Crowd. when Joe gets his tranny issues sorted out (may already have) His rig is gonna be Fast too

turbothom
07-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Some of Joe's issues are pump related. Not only tranny.

ob1kobi
07-20-2006, 10:51 AM
I agree, I just assumed that since his is, or at least was, for sale that he wasn't racing it anymore.

Timbeaux
07-20-2006, 10:52 AM
He is gonna be in Colorado, and hopefuklly join us in ATL too.

bones
07-20-2006, 02:40 PM
there is another dodge truck that is running some 8th mile times that should be low 10 sec range,rumor is it may be at the rock in august...and no i dont mean my 05

Noreaster
07-20-2006, 05:28 PM
That wouldn't to be the same truck that was 1st to 1000hp now would it?

GotBoost
07-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I fully expect we will see Darren in the 9's at the next event!! Maybe even the Stucky's too...

Amy

RacinDuallie
07-21-2006, 04:28 AM
My opinion is that the strongest candidate to date has to be Darren Morrison.

bones
07-21-2006, 08:53 AM
i agrre darren and team stuckey are the 2 best candidates but i dont think either truck can run a 9 second pass and back it up,i think they can do it but to be able to do it time after time is stilla ways off jmho...jess

Timbeaux
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
I think it will be a bit easier with the setups they are running now, as opposed to the old twin setups, but you are right Jess, Seeing a truck go 9's twice in a row may not be seen for a while.

turbothom
07-21-2006, 09:49 AM
And I think there will be one more in the mix, soon. Remember, Matt S sold his 4X4 like Darren's. If y'all remember in Atlanta when Darrens hood blew up, Matt nailed him on the tree and basically had Darren beat all the way. That truck has been sold, and all it needs, is to replace the bars out the rear window, and let er go. We'll find out.

..PrestonL..

ob1kobi
07-21-2006, 09:57 AM
It really an odd point for Prostreet right now, its almost as if the season is about to start all over as there will be new trucks, trucks under new ownership, at least two trucks are currently having there setup's completely changed, and who knows whats else is going on that we don't know about. The chase is about to start all over again it seems.

Timbeaux
07-21-2006, 10:03 AM
.....Ain't it cool?

ob1kobi
07-21-2006, 10:12 AM
very cool...

but it also tells me that theres to much time in between races too... hint hint Dave.....

Timbeaux
07-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Where is Ol' Dunbar? I figured he would have weighed in by now.

Morse
07-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Did Darren switch to a single and spray?

Timbeaux
07-21-2006, 03:39 PM
That is the rumor LOL But you know how they can be LOL

GotBoost
07-21-2006, 04:23 PM
The 10.26 pass Darren made at IRP was with a single and spray. And keep in mind that was done with 1 cylinder in VERY bad shape and the motor he was running was several years old and very abused. Also, this was Darrens first real test with the nitrous so there was more room to increase that as well. With his new set up the 9's should be a walk in the park!!!:bigsmile:

Amy

DavidTD
07-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Nine's? Never will happen. Shoot we'll be lucky to see a truck in the low 10's. (oops, that's already happened) LOL

I said it would never happen, and I may have to eat my words. :bigsmile:

I'm glad there is a 2wd and 4wd close. That's good.

More races... I could be about that too.

Rockingham anyone? :woohoo:

ob1kobi
07-21-2006, 09:41 PM
After seeing what I saw this afternoon :gag: :eek: :gag: p-pumped 24 valve is the way to go

I hereby resind my earlier bandwagon prediction and put my money on either Dennis or Scott with the p-pumped 24 valve/single/nitrous trucks to do it first, or be the closest by the years end. Why nobody else has ran this combo yet, I don't know, but prostreet has two teams that have been very quiet this year (well besides the occassional explosion :huh:: ) take a HUGE step foward :evil

I'm on the record, and I'll stand by that for the rest of the year, and after it happens, I'm gonna be the only one who can say "I told you so" :rockwoot:

turbothom
07-22-2006, 10:36 AM
And speaking of the engine Darren ran, if memory serves me right, that is the same one Matt did his burn out in Houston with. Was that 3 years ago? That poor block of iron, has been hammered more than a reused nail. You'll see Darren in the nine's, this yeara. He won't stop till he get's there.
A single with "the weather in a bottle", is the way to fly.

..Preston..

Hoss
08-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Don't count out a truck or two running old school twins on #2 only way up in the Northwest. There may be a surprize up here :evil

Morse
08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm putting mine on the dyno friday in preperation for Rockingham. If it holds together, it's going to the track friday (Owensboro's Wendy Hallow) and saturday (Bowling Green, or Hardinsburg KY) night to focus on getting it to hook.. I'll post the results, good or bad.. Can't wait....

Slowpoke
08-01-2006, 10:47 PM
And I think there will be one more in the mix, soon. Remember, Matt S sold his 4X4 like Darren's. If y'all remember in Atlanta when Darrens hood blew up, Matt nailed him on the tree and basically had Darren beat all the way. That truck has been sold, and all it needs, is to replace the bars out the rear window, and let er go. We'll find out.

..PrestonL..
I'm not shooting for the 9's-just a fast a$$ truck on #2 only. I'd rather beat up on street racers as much as possible, like at AMS, but who knows what the future may hold. It will be back soon, but I don't think it will make Atl. Next year it will make a few races, maybe badder than I think, if Jeff has his way!! I am a little more conservitive than the other pro streeters, but I know the illness is highly contagious. Plans are for #2 only and two windmills.:ylsuper: