PDA

View Full Version : Late Styled B model

Cowboy_Customs
01-13-2008, 02:48 PM
So this KIND of stems from this statement in the pulling section.....

And, if you want to know how to get about 110 hp out of one, just let me know.. :D

How would one get those kind ponies from a B??? OR what can i do for more power and still be able to pull the hay rake or tedder?

OR is this kinda stuff mainly for pullin? Thanks!

gmoney
01-14-2008, 03:46 AM
race gas big dollars and rods longer than a isb, only for pulling, my G is 100 hp and it still has a ton of dollars in it lol

97crewcab
01-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Stroke it, head work, higher compression pistions, $$$$$$$$$$$

partsguy662
01-14-2008, 09:42 AM
So this KIND of stems from this statement in the pulling section.....

How would one get those kind ponies from a B??? OR what can i do for more power and still be able to pull the hay rake or tedder?

OR is this kinda stuff mainly for pullin? Thanks!

I *think* I was talking about an A when I said that...or at least I hope I was...:confused:

In theory, it could be done with a B....It would involve an experiment that might or might not work along with a severe dent in your checkbook/life savings/child's college fund.

And no, it wouldn't be the tractor to use on the hay rake anymore...:hehe:

gmoney
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
so indulge us what would you do?, I know what I would do to approach you c note... but I would love to hear how to get there from here
thanks

little more power just shave the head, cheap for dollars power block is also a possibility= more money though,
Really your best bet is to tune it up and tune it on the dyno thats pretty cheap money

partsguy662
01-15-2008, 10:28 PM
so indulge us what would you do?, I know what I would do to approach you c note... but I would love to hear how to get there from here
thanks

little more power just shave the head, cheap for dollars power block is also a possibility= more money though,
Really your best bet is to tune it up and tune it on the dyno thats pretty cheap money

If I were going for maximum everything on a B (regardless of styled, unstyled, etc) I would stay away from the power block and stick to the factory deere block (powerblocks are wet sleeved). As I did with my A, I'd bore the existing cylinders out of the block leaving me nothing but a shell in which to put my own custom sleeves in. As I recall, a 5.5" piston could be used provided it was done right. (A 6.75" piston worked just fine in the A)
I haven't done enough measuring inside a B's crankcase to know what the longest stroke attainable would be, but I think you could take the throw out to about 7.5". Of course, custom rods would have to be used here as well. That would give you about 356.3 cubic inches. This in turn would call for a better camshaft as well as extensive cylinder head work (larger valves, bored intake) A re-worked A carb would also be on the list of things to add. Ignition would need to be addressed as well.

OR

there's always the possibility of experimenting with nitro methane....:D

Here's the problem with the above build-up though when it comes to pulling. A late B gets down to around 3500#'s or so. I can easily get an A (41-46) down to 3750. If you want to get nuts with your wallet, over 700 cubic inches are attainable with an A.

JDGnut
01-16-2008, 05:48 PM
There is a guy that is recasting the B blocks.. He's really not got public with the blocks.. but has a few floating around.. anywhere from 5.75- 6.125.. maybe a hair bigger.. Lots of 7-7.3875 stroked B's around.. He was working on chain driving the cam and moving it.. thought that 8in was going to be easy.. probably with the big bore is the cam gear.. and a few of the outer studs were a little smaller...
I'd never try a B in those classes.. its too much work... A is just too close... ( but the B's will make 3250....
Bryan

gmoney... got any pics of your G???