PDA

View Full Version : pusher pump question

SMOKIN-U
01-16-2008, 10:09 PM
i have a friend with an 01 durimax he currently has a south bend dual disk clutch cai and straight pipe, and ppe hot plus2 e.t. eliminator. He is wanting to know what style of aftermarket pump he can get so his truck wont defuel. Also he had it dyned a while back on a mustang dyno and put down 434hp and 917tq. Do those numbers look right from what mods he has and how much more would he gain with a good lift pump? thanks.

Noreaster
01-18-2008, 12:03 PM
TTS or Kennedy has the best all around kit
the dyno #s are off from running out of fuel

aggar
01-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah if he had a pump he'd have higher numbers. I just put on a Holley Hp150. Mounts right inside the frame rail and it's rather quiet. I've notcied on my LBZ with the PPE on 225 it really Scoots! I had it on the 350 tune and it popped my intercooler boot off b/c I didn't have my clamp tight enough. I think if he'd put in the shim kit along with the pump it help out too. I've noticed I have no lag now. I've really added some stuff here in the last couple days. Actually it was mainly Brayden. I jsut stood there most of the time handing him tools!

cumminstrokethi
01-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Yea, like everyone else said he'd put down better numbers with a lift pump. He'd probably also benefit from a rail pressure adder box (for lack of a better name for them) ie: PPE duramaximizer