PDA

View Full Version : 99 Super Duty: 08 Front Clip, Cummins Swap

timmcgraw67
01-19-2008, 09:42 AM
:redx: What all can I save and what is needed between the 99 and 08 Front Clip? Is it just fenders, bumper, hood/Grille and headlights? Are the Interiors interchangeable or are the mounts different? Went on FordCummins.com and looked at parts. How easy or hard is this conversion?

Blue01F250
01-21-2008, 04:38 PM
there will be some fabrication as the front frame rails drop down quite a bit lower than the 99 (and similar models) rails. It is likely that the hood and fenders would be close to fitting -- but the front frame rails and possibly the radiator support would need to be modified to fit the front end.

as for the interior -- it'd likely fit as the cabs are generally the same dimensions, but no tellin how much wiring you'd have to do for dash type things and other options the 08's may have that your 99 doesn't and you'll likely run into different mounting holes for stuff.

Dazed&Confused
01-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Dont go with Fordcummins go with destrocked for conversion parts.

RideIcon
01-22-2008, 12:59 AM
destroked.com

therabbittree
03-26-2009, 08:29 PM
any updates? ..i've been wanting to find a '08 or newer wreck and grab the interoir dash ..door panels, and front clip for my excursion....

Thanks
deo

Bobus
03-29-2009, 08:22 PM
I was told the Fenders on the '08's were shorter than the '99-'07 SD's.. Any truth too this?

ford_cummins83
05-25-2009, 09:59 PM
I went with ford cummins.. Talk to ryan there, he's great and will do whatever he can for ya..called destroked twice and never answered.. It all depends on which tranny you want to go with and how much cash ya got.. you can make it work cheap or do it nice.. so far im still not happy with mine and i'm over 10k easy lol

rancid
08-15-2009, 10:11 AM
heres a link to gts, they sell parts for mud trucks, pullers and monster trucks. but they have a 08-09 glass front clip. and i contacted them and they said they would do the glass thicker for street use. then the customer would just cut out the grille and headlight areas to install factory or some ebay aftermarket headlights. and you could set it up as a tilt or even better split the fender and tilt back like stock.

http://gtsfiberglass.com/index.php?album=19&page_id=9

and i think i would trim off the bumper and order up a factory ebay takeoff bumper for a hundred bucks, oh and this front clip is like 1400.00