PDA

View Full Version : MOVED THREAD

colo_smoker
01-19-2008, 08:12 PM
I was driving this morning and noticed that instead of whistling my turbo had started clicking (like a card in bicycle spokes) when I accelerated once the turbo was already spooled up. Once I got to the house I looked under the hood and oil was coming out all around the turbo. After it sat for a couple hours, there was a descent sized puddle of oil under the truck and when I moved it around to the back of the house I could here the wheel turning any time it even started to turn and I'm pretty sure it's bone dry. I don't know much about these trucks, where does the oil in the turbo come from? I do have oil in the engine. My truck is a 1995 powerstroke 5 speed with k&n cold air, 3" down pipe and I run the edge programmer on the high setting, any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm a long ways from home right now

colo_smoker
01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
oops, i think i put this in the wrong forum. I have a 95 powerstroke:wrong: :wrong:

Lil' E
01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Sounds like the bearing in the turbo is gone. I had the same problem not long ago. Minus the puddle of oil.

Big A
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I agree sounds like your tubo bearing is gone. I wouldn't drive it no more till you get it fixed. If she grenades parts will go in the motor......Good luck.....:pop: