PDA

View Full Version : GM Leather gripe

wideopen
07-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Does anyone besides me dis-like the way that GM Leather shows age?? the centers of my seats look great..but the edges look like they cameout of a mid 80's car??..Is there anything besides recovering that can be done to them?? I treat them once a month with Meguires conditioner and cleaner. That makes them nice and soft for a few weeks ..but they still look old??

C.A.P
07-26-2006, 09:15 AM
YES! they are terrible , I had the side panel by the door redone by a Upholstery shop through GM , It is where my big azz slides across it , it wore through the charcoal and looked lt. grey . This is a problem area . Combine that with poor quality leather and that's what happens.

wideopen
07-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Thats the biggest place mine is looking wore..Does the leather Match were they replaced it?

TooMuchBoost
07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Ask around for a good upholstery shop as they can easily match it, then buy a nice set of seat covers. My dad would always put thin seat covers on his Rover's and the driver's seat always looked brand new with 250-280K on them. Defeated the purpose of having leather but helped at resale.

Big 3 leather has always sucked IMO and this is why I always bought XLT PSD's. There is no way the leather they use could withstand me getting in and out 15 times per day w/o cracking especially when the driver's seat of my brother's 01 GT w/30K on it looks like garbage and he Lexols it religiously.

Burner
07-26-2006, 02:11 PM
If you drag your tail....it's gonn'a look like crap. I see folks "slide" out of their trucks and every one looks like garbage, the edge does. Get a set of bars and use them...no matter how tall you are. :rules:

Rover, Lexus, BMW, Audi, Infinity, Ford, Mercedes and GM's..... We've had them all and they all wear if you abuse them. (MB seems to hold up the best)