PDA

View Full Version : Engine won't run

DuramaxDaddy29
02-07-2008, 05:47 AM
My engine will crank and then shut off as soon as that happens. Long story but I bought the truck totalled and took the old cab off and put a new one on. Upon completion of swapping everything the engine crank the first time. It ran several other times as many as 10-12 times. I was having tranmission problems so had got the tranny down to 2 codes p0700,p0763. I had the bright idea to clean the plug on the tranny with eletric parts cleaner. Then I cleaned the main plugs on the engine were a chip would go ( i know your thinking your so dumb) but I was just trying new things. Now my engine won't run but for a second then cuts off. Please tell me if you know of anything that I may have fried.

DuramaxDaddy29
02-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Not my everyday truck the truck I'm speaking of is a 2003 Chevy LB7. Again thanks for any help.

JOHNBOY
02-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Did you use the original BCM(Body Control Module). Or did you use the one in the new cab? If you used the on from the new cab was it from a diesel truck? Did you try the field ECM learn procedure?

DuramaxDaddy29
02-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Same module used everything out of the old truck. Everything. I toyed with the lower plug in. I unbolted it from the engine to gain better access. Plugged it back up without bolting the plug back in and got engine to start. Then I bolted the plug back down. No luck. Back to square 1. I have no power in the cab such as radio doesn't work or windows don't work. I hope this helps. And I'm not familiar with the field ECM learn procedure.

NWTNFARMR
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
I just uploaded a bully dog programmer on my truck and had to take out 4 fuses under the hood. After downloading, I tried to start the truck without putting the fuses back in and had the same condition you had, truck would start then immediately die. After remembering to replace the fuses, truck runs better than before!!

The fuses were a battery fuse on the left side, then some radio and info fuses on the bottom right. Look up a power pup manual on bullydog.com and in the front of the manual is a diagram of what fuses to remove. That might be all it is as my radio and A/C blower did not work but truck would crank then die. Pretty cheap to try anyway!

DuramaxDaddy29
02-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks man, but i looked just for good measure and those fuses don't get power till I turn the switch to run, but i do get power on the windows and radio for that split second the engine runs.