PDA

View Full Version : 2004 LB7 low coolant light

DuramaxDaddy29
02-18-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a low coolant light. I check the level and it's low I fill it up and it blows it out the over flow after a short 6 mile drive. After the truck warms up and gets the light again it maintains the same low level of coolant. I checked the cramk case and it is fine. I'm confused, because if it sets at an idle it will not get above 100 degrees, but if I go to move it up the drive way it cools down all the way to about 70 degrees. (according to the edge box and dash temp gauges). I recently had injector installed by GM along with injector sleeves. They told me one of the heads came off. Where do I start? Truck has 90,800 miles on it. Truck doesn't act like anything is wrong. I also just installed the FASS pump. My neighbor has a coolant pressurizing kit this is what I am trying first I guess. The Gm place had my truck for a little over a month. I was not pleased with the quality of work. Please help me? Any help is highly Appreciated. thankyou2:

stroke250
02-20-2008, 07:10 PM
let the dealership know what is going on and take it to a different, reptutable dealer to get it fixed right. sounds like a head gasket issue or its related to the installation of the injectors and cups/sleeves.

DuramaxDaddy29
02-21-2008, 09:16 PM
After I pressurized the coolant system overnight and found no pressure drop at 17 psi. I cracked the cap and drove around and truck ran fine so I replaced the cap and wow am I dumb I was thinking the worst for sure, the cap just wasn't letting any pressure out. The smoke came from bad glow plugs that I found just had a recall. As of feb. 13 2008 at no cost to the customer..thanks guys for the help here and other websites.

J7 DIESEL
02-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Glad to hear you got it fixed cheap, mine was doin the same thing no leaks or drips at all and it turned out to be a water pump $$$ and a pain in the a$$

sdreese@duramax
02-23-2008, 06:24 PM
my truck had the same problem but, during the day when i went to work on it there was no leaks. then during the night when the temperature dropped it leaked. so then i stayed up on night and put the pressure tested on it and it was leaking out of the upper radiator hose so i pulled it off and it had a pinhole right behind the clamp. what a pain in the ass.