PDA

View Full Version : Any Lion Or Bear Hunters? Need Pups?

smoke' em
02-26-2008, 08:21 PM
To make a long story short one of my uncles passed away last september, His name was Tim Salazar from Globe, AZ. I ended up with a couple of his dogs and his maid dog had pups on me about 10 weeks ago so now i have 9 pups that i need to get rid of, 6m 3f.

The mother of the pups is about 7-8 yrs old and was one Heck of a dog, hunting weekends only for the past 5 yrs we avg right around 20 lions a year. His avg was 1 catch every 5 days. the past 1.5-2 yrs we have been hunting with arizona game and fish biologist catching and collaring lions.

These dogs were hunted year round dry ground in the and in all kinds of terrian, they can hunt snow but we never really hunted snow

I have pics of the pups and i have pics of the mom also have plenty of video and pictures of her in action

Bosshawg600
02-26-2008, 08:35 PM
what kind of dog?

smoke' em
02-26-2008, 09:09 PM
haha how did i forget that, about 10-15 yrs ago he started out with some walker coons dogs that were line breed and since then he has formed his own line breed dogs so they have a little bit of everything in them, walker, black and tan, red tick, blue tick, red bone etc

PDW Power
02-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Smoke' em...where are you out of? We've got some night champions (coon) up here in PA. These are my uncles dogs, i was looking at getting into training a coon dog...the dry tracking has me a little worried as it's typically moist in Perry/Dauphin Counties that we hunt.

smoke' em
02-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Im out of az, what type of hunting do u do, we have caught lions a day after rain, and in snow before, but we usually just hunt dry ground cause its az and it hardly rains,

but these dogs are very talented im sure they will have no problem catching on

ka rainwater
02-26-2008, 11:08 PM
are ya'll talking about LIONS? like african lions? all those dogs listed in the description are breed here in Louisiana for hunting but i've never heard of using them for Lions......i want pics and video becuase i'm looking for a few good hog dogs.........send me some pics and vids

displacedtexan
02-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Mountain Lions

PDW Power
02-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Im out of az, what type of hunting do u do, we have caught lions a day after rain, and in snow before, but we usually just hunt dry ground cause its az and it hardly rains,

but these dogs are very talented im sure they will have no problem catching on

We hunt coon mainly...we've gotten onto bear and lion before but we have to nail them with the collar to back them off those kind of tracks. We like living dogs...haha. We ride mule's to keep up and i'm sure they look tasty and easy to catch to the cats and bears.

smoke' em
02-27-2008, 02:53 PM
We hunt coon mainly...we've gotten onto bear and lion before but we have to nail them with the collar to back them off those kind of tracks. We like living dogs...haha. We ride mule's to keep up and i'm sure they look tasty and easy to catch to the cats and bears.

we used to hunt coons back when we first started, and like i said these dogs were originally coon dogs and we've just been breeding them into other dogs

PDW Power
02-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah, it would be nice to pick one up but being in AZ is a bit much. Thanks for the offer. I hope you find some decent people to buy.