Hi all
How does one go about dynoing a truck.

I have a one ton ford with a 12v in it and a full manual auto for a trans

what gear do you run, what rpm, do you run into it slowly, get on it - what

I am sure there are many out here who dont know how or why or what to do

Thanx for your time

dzlfarmboy
03-03-2008, 04:23 PM
What kind of dyno are you planning on getting on? If it's a dynojet you'll want to dyno it in OD if It's a load tyoe like a superflow or mustang, best in 1:1, and depending on what kind of turbos you have on it will depend on if you need to roll into it or give it to it right away. Is it quick spooling or laggy?

Brett

seeker1056
03-06-2008, 05:09 PM
well it spools pretty quick, and i dont have overdrive - its a full manual automatic C6
How do they measure rpm on the dyno
I have the cummins crank sensor that isnt hooked to anything as I use a tiny tach that reads the injector line pulses - do they plug into the cummins sensor plug
what else should i know about a dyno run - dos n donts
thanx

dzlfarmboy
03-07-2008, 08:38 AM
well it spools pretty quick, and i dont have overdrive - its a full manual automatic C6
How do they measure rpm on the dyno
I have the cummins crank sensor that isnt hooked to anything as I use a tiny tach that reads the injector line pulses - do they plug into the cummins sensor plug
what else should i know about a dyno run - dos n donts
thanx

Dyno it in your highest gear and our dyno has an optical pick up which picks up on the reflective tap that we stick to the crank balancer to read for RPM but most Gasser dynos dont have that since they don need it but you can get a hp reading with out a RPM signal just cant get the tq reading but you can calculate it out.