gauging interest in single cab 3rd gen drag truck candidate

insurance is totaling my truck. it's an '03 single cab with 194k miles. The engine is in perfect shape. 100% bone stock truck before I bought it. I put a Smarty on it and put maybe 200 miles on the truck :(

it's a single cab 2wd ST with a 5sp tranny.

the bed is trashed, the main frame is straight. it needs a front clip, but the driver's fender and the headlights are fine. The core support is tweaked. The radiator, AC condenser, and intercooler are slightly clamshelled, but none are cracked/leaking

the rear axle and leaf springs are toast. the cab is good, interior is clean

tenative plans were to back half it and 4 link it and put a 3.54 D80 in it and put a short bed on it.

if I buy it back and sell the truck, I will be pulling the transmission out of it.

It needs a lot of work, but if you're possibly planning a 3rd gen 2wd drag truck, you could feasably buy a great starting cab/frame/engine/etc. essentially for just the cost of the engine.

not really sure which way I'm going to go with it, like I said, just gauging interest.

Truck is located in Alvin, TX (30min south of Houston)

Bummer, Forrest Sorry to hear it got hit. If the frame is straight you can still carry out your plans , the insurance would go a long way towards the changes you wanted to make. Rich

Rich, I'm making out well actually :eek:

but I really wasn't planning on this big of a project for this truck. My initial intentions were to just put an automatic in it and have some fun with it, but after the wreck, the plans snowballed into this monster project that I just am not ready to undertake right now

Back