PDA

View Full Version : Looney tune topend?

05ex
03-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi guys,
I have the looney tune and on the bottom end it pulls great tons of smoke and it pulls great till about 3300-3400 rpm and then it kind of feels like it stops pulling then shifts hard and does it again. Am I loosing fuel on the topend or what?
Thanks
Logan

steph38
03-15-2008, 02:12 PM
It's not normal you should give a call to Vivian monday mine pull strong all the rpm and shift pretty good not hard at all maybe something happend when downloading.
hope this help$.02

HD_F250
03-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I know a lot of stock trucks do run out of fuel on top end. Try installing one of DJ's Fuel + systems...it will do a wonder for your truck.

MOMBENZ
03-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi Logan,

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, just worded differently, as your email. If so, I asked you a few questions to get more information but the way you described it in your email is like you went into limp mode.

Give us a call tomorrow when you get out of school and we'll hook you up.

Thanks,
Vivian

05ex
03-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Vivian,

I am thinking you were right in the email, but I just sent you another one. I will probably give you a call tomorrow morning. I am on spring break YAY! By the way I just got back from a trip on the looney tune goin about 80 the whole trip up and down steep mountains up to 7500 feet. I averaged 19.8 mpg all the way:woohoo:. Incredible mileage, show me a gasser that can go that fast weighing 8500 lbs up and down those mountains and maintain that good mileage:umno:.:thankyou2::clap::Thanks,

Logan