PDA

View Full Version : Come home in about 3 weeks!

Dave88LX
03-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Wow, it says I haven't been here since 8-12-2007...I guess it's been a while huh? ;) Life's just been busy, haven't had time to do anything with the truck.

I came out to Baghdad the day after the Superbowl (stupid Giants :( I'm a Pats fan), and should be back home in mid-April. I know I know, it's a short deployment. It's my 4th time out here though, so I don't really "feel bad" about this one being shorter. This new job I've got out at Ft. Meade is more of a 'get out, get the specific job/mission done, and come home...rinse, repeat' type thing. I'll probably be gone again this summer for a couple months again.

We're doing some great things over here in Iraq, been doing a ton of traveling to what seems like all around the country, but nothing like what the groundpounders do. I'm usually on the Victory/Liberty/Slayer complex, but I'm up in the IZ right now (Union, SUCKS). Done a little time at Falcon, and Mosul a couple times as well.

Definitely enjoying it over here, time is just FLYING by, I can't believe the time is almost up already and I have to go home. Get to get on another Blackhawk tonight actually to head back to home base...I'm excited b/c I have a package or two waiting for me.:rockwoot:

I popped on to read up on the newer Rams and the Excursion, and saw this forum so I thought I'd stop in for a sec.

THANKS ALL FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!:group:

Timbeaux
03-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Glad to have you back on Comp D Dave!!!

UNBROKEN
03-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Welcome back (early) man...glad you're safe and sound over there.

Scooter's Roofing
03-22-2008, 04:52 PM
good to see/hear from ya, Dave! :)

Dave88LX
03-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks!

Forrest, good to see you man. Things are busy busy, and it's getting a little ugly in the last week, but so far, so good.

Should be out of here in a bit over a week!

Dave88LX
04-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Leaving on Tuesday...winding down quick now!!!

Almost didn't make it either, damnit...a few days ago a god damn 107mm rocket landed about 100' from where I was...luckily nobody was hurt. Awful loud...hope I don't have that experience again. Weird to feel it ripple through your whole body. Hearing the SCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWMMMMMMMMMM-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM...Scary **** to think a slight change in wind speed/direction, or launch point/angle could have ended it all.

joefarmer
04-06-2008, 12:16 AM
That doesn't sound like any fun! Keep your head down and have a safe return!

DMAXcountry
04-06-2008, 12:53 AM
:bow::clap::Cheer::woohoo::thankyou2: