PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody help me????

Dan@PPE
08-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Does a 2002 gmc have a air filter for the ac/fan? If so how do I go about changing it? Thanks

C.A.P
08-13-2006, 09:29 AM
some did some did not, if you need one PM me and I have a person who specializes in the trucks that did not . He makes a stock looking aftermarket filter system. It fits right where the filter should have been and looks completely stock

partsguy662
08-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Does a 2002 gmc have a air filter for the ac/fan? If so how do I go about changing it? Thanks

Dan, an 02 should have the filter in it. Changing it isn't a hard job, irritating maybe, but not hard.
Passenger seat: Look at the kick panel. There are some screws that hold this panel in place. (As I recall, 7mm is what they are, but don't quote me on that)
At any rate, remove the screws and put the panel aside. When you have done this, you'll see a small "door" held in with a screw on one end. (The other end simply hooks into the plastic housing) Remove the screw in the door and remove the door itself. Now you can remove your filter and replace it with a new one. :)

--Scott

Burner
08-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Dan, there are two filters under the dash. When you pull the first one out, look towards the front and you'll see the other one. Like Partsguy said...... remove only two screws on the kick pannel. If you happen to take that third screw out......it's a PIA to get back in. ........I thought they were 6.5mm but don't quote me on that. :1tooth:

Dan@PPE
08-14-2006, 02:10 AM
Got the kick panel cover off, However I dont see a little door. Anybody have a pic of it? Thanks guys for the help.

Burner
08-14-2006, 09:29 AM
The door runs bow to stern.

Noreaster
08-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Ill post one later when I find my cord for uploading.

Dan@PPE
08-14-2006, 02:30 PM
I found it! The door runs front to back about 1"-1.5" wide, single goldish screw towards the front and hook in the rear.

I would recommend anybody that has not checked thier's to do so, both of mine were very DIRTY!!!!!!

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Noreaster
08-14-2006, 07:05 PM
I pulled mine & they were filthy, so I just left them out.

Dan@PPE
08-15-2006, 01:08 AM
I pulled mine & they were filthy, so I just left them out.

Hahaha LOL. I guess that's one way to handle it...

partsguy662
08-21-2006, 10:38 PM
I found it! The door runs front to back about 1"-1.5" wide, single goldish screw towards the front and hook in the rear.

I would recommend anybody that has not checked thier's to do so, both of mine were very DIRTY!!!!!!

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!
Amazing isn't it??
There have been a few that I have seen that had a few cats and a small child embedded into the media...LOL

Dan@PPE
08-21-2006, 10:48 PM
LoL, Not mine just alot of dirt, some small rocks and leafs.

MrBaadBoy
07-13-2007, 04:12 AM
I heard they discontinued that on the 03's and up because if left un changed they would through codes. So gm thought nowone changed them because of so many codes were being thrown...(ie) no more filters in 2003 up.
Now i have a 03 and am thinking of moding mine with the kit from them, but do i really need this my wife says no! She was a Engiiner at the delpi plant in llockport ny. were they make the Hvac units......were the info came from (horses mouth) has anyone cut open the unit and seen how dirty or if dirty it was insde? So i can have a rebutal for a :bow: :ft: know itall enginer wife.
Those kits are about 50 bucks are they not?

modified
03-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Leaving the filters out for the short-term, OK, but why wouldn't you replace them. The filter did what it was supposed to do, keep dirt, leaves, and the cats from plugging up the rest of the system.
Replace the filters annually for $20-$25 and keep the system clean.

Noreaster
03-17-2008, 10:09 AM
I figured it would be no big deal not having a filter in there, newer trucks didn't have filters. I don't have allergies to worry about either.