Torque Converter?

RedDye

Im about to by a new torque converter for my truck and was wondering what brand should I go with. Also a valve body upgrade is in order too. So anybody care to what brands are best to go with and also what should I expect once I have both of these upgrades in. Currently my truck is right at the 400 hp mark according to my last dyno. So any advice is welcome

If you're going to be putting a converter in and valve body and already have the tranny out, I'd go ahead and get a SCIII kit and put in a 1057 and be done with it and you can get up to 500 hp and not have to worry about it again.

So should I go with somethin like a TransGo Valve body then put a co-pilot in or just do one or the other?

I just got my Suncoast stage 4 and a 1057 converter, I am planning to have somewhere around 450-500 rwhp.. seems to be the setup according to Suncoast and others that I have talked to.

So should I go with somethin like a TransGo Valve body then put a co-pilot in or just do one or the other?

ive heard that transgo valves and the co-pilot dont play nice with eachother. some erratic shifting. guy over on DP was having trouble. i think a little TCM tuning took care of it though...

Back