PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this!

9 LIVES
04-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I have bled the air out of my FASS 150-180 on my 98 12V 4 times so far and it still makes alot of "sucking air" noise. Sounds more like a margarita mixer than the usual fass whine.

It has blown the inline fuse several times.

What should I do? The pump is not supplying the fuel that I need :doh:

I used the pickup tube that came with my kit. Although I modified it...I cut a 45*mitre cut into it so it could access more fuel. I did gap it from the bottom of the tank per the directions.

Thanks.

Diesel-Dan
04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I have bled the air out of my FASS 150-180 on my 98 12V 4 times so far and it still makes alot of "sucking air" noise. Sounds more like a margarita mixer than the usual fass whine.

It has blown the inline fuse several times.

What should I do? The pump is not supplying the fuel that I need :doh:

I used the pickup tube that came with my kit. Although I modified it...I cut a 45*mitre cut into it so it could access more fuel. I did gap it from the bottom of the tank per the directions.

Thanks.

The sucking air noise is normal operation. Its air being built up in the Water Separator and then being drawn into the pump. An excessive amt is not normal....but you can confirm this by drawing and returning into a 5 gallon buck via the FASS. This will give ideal conditions for the pump to operate. If the noise is reduced, i would look at your pick up...might be some debris in the tank partially blocking the tube....seen it once or twice. If its the same, its normal operation.

NOW for the blowing fuse part......that is an issue......have your dealer contact me.

9 LIVES
04-09-2008, 06:04 PM
My dealer no longer sells your products. Do you still want me to have him contact you?